Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 se. Started easily and running fine until I cut it off to air - up the tires in my garage 300 ft. away and upon restarting I had instrument lights and headlight, but battery appeared dead. I plugged in the charger all night and this morning I can hear a relay clicking but doesn' t turn the engine. I am thinking the battery is bad? ? Battery is 3 yrs. Old. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I've seen it happen, things running just shut the engine and it won't restart, could be the Battery drew it's last breath.
Anybody close by that you could swoop the battery out with.
The all the standard questions
Kill switch ??
in gear ??

G

·
If the headlights dim upon honking the horn or trying to start the motor battery's kaput.I would buy a new battery anyway .

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen it happen, things running just shut the engine and it won't restart, could be the Battery drew it's last breath.
Anybody close by that you could swoop the battery out with.
The all the standard questions
Kill switch ??
in gear ??
It's wanting to turn just didn't have the power. I killed it with the kill switch to start with, so I checked it first and it is in neutral. I haven' t checked terminals yet and I am trying my charger from my other bike now.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Santini,

I would start by taking terminals off & cleaning everything, then recharge battery, retighten & then try it. If that doesn't work then I would look to changing the battery.

As always this is just one Ole Foossil's opinion.:D

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
My mechanic lives in VA , and he would just ride up on a Sunday and fix it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Could be the battery. Try tapping the solenoid and try starting it again. I have seen solenoids go bad and do what you are describing.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it!

Thanks guys! The battery tender off the V- STAR did the trick, after 3 hrs. On charge she started right - up! I just rode her for about 40 miles and built the battery up. I guess that battery tender bit the dust after 6 yrs.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Battery Tender extends the life of most batteries. Have used on on all my bikes from day 1. Best $50 investment you can make...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts