Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
big mac bridge from the U.P. side this morning, this is what it looked like when I crossed it

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
Oldtown Toll Bridge Md.

Attachments

Reactions: George Henderson

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Doc, Your pics of the Big Mac bridge make me think your grandkids have you watching too many Rainbow Bright cartoons with her fanciful rainbow bridges. That is a really special photo.

·
Super Moderator
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Doc, Your pics of the Big Mac bridge make me think your grandkids have you watching too many Rainbow Bright cartoons with her fanciful rainbow bridges. That is a really special photo.
I don't have kids so I couldn't have grandkids but here is a pic at the covered bridge out on 550 in ohio

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
"Covered" bridge outside of Colfax, WA.
2 observations..........#1 It's a "Not So" "Covered" Bridge. #2 Looks like some deceiving is going on in that Photo "shop"

:biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
12,069 Posts
Yes Bill, you caught me.

I would have loved to take the bike in to the bridge, but I didn't for several reasons.

To access it, you need to go through a farmers' field. The main road to the field is narrow with loose gravel about 4" deep and has a grain elevator on it with trucks coming and going.

I've been looking forward to getting a picture of my bike with this bridge for about four years. Mark (crownfire) originally posted a link to a site that shows the location of covered bridges.

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed.

Here are the unaltered photos.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,059 Posts
I'll have to be Stateside (somewhere) to get a photo of a covered bridge, none that I know of anywhere in western Canada. But keep them coming so I'm tempted.
'tank, I'm sure my updated NAVI could have found a worse way to the bridge than what you described!>:)

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
From last years trip. Hopefully I haven't posted these before

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Pictures of the pig tail bridge and tunnels on Iron Mountain Rd. in Custer State Park SD. taken by my wife from pillion seat.
1st is my brothers wing entering tunnel
2nd is on pig tail bridge
3rd is brother going under bridge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Falasburg Covered Bridge built in 1871 still used for auto traffic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Ada Covered Bridge built in 1867 foot traffic only these days.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 92 Posts