15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blue water bridge in port huron, mi

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ISthe blue water a toll bridge? I am thinking about crossing it over into Ontario when I go to the UP IN August.
if you are going to the U.P. and going through Michigan you'll be crossing the big mac bridge in mackinaw, mi, it's around $4.00 to cross. the blue water bridge will put you in sarnia, on. ca. which would be quite a ways out of your way

·
Registered
749 Posts
if you are going to the U.P. and going through Michigan you'll be crossing the big mac bridge in mackinaw, mi, it's around $4.00 to cross. the blue water bridge will put you in sarnia, on. ca. which would be quite a ways out of your way
We will be doing the big mac for sure. May have a heart attack looking thru the grates. Have heard stories. I know the blue water bridge. I think one of the prettiest sites I have seen. I will be coming around that side of MI as part of my perimeter ride. I have to do all of MI on this trip. I want to put the bike in Ontario and your post made me think about the view and maybe should enter Ontario there to show my wife the view. I crossed it about 1982 and would like to see it again. Thanks for making me think of a good memory.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Let's see if I can post a pic. A pic from my buddy's bike of mine as we crossed the Golden Gate last year on my way to Ron's house in WA.

·
Super Moderator
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
usually when I cross the blue water bridge into Canada I head to Strathroy for my day trip, i'm going to have to spend some time in Sarnia and look across the water at port huron

·
Registered
749 Posts
Let's see if I can post a pic. A pic from my buddy's bike of mine as we crossed the Golden Gate last year on my way to Ron's house in WA.
WEll that didn’t work. Trust me I was on the golden gate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
usually when I cross the blue water bridge into Canada I head to Strathroy for my day trip, i'm going to have to spend some time in Sarnia and look across the water at port huron
Maybe we can get together when I come don’t the east side.

·
Premium Member
1988 Honda GL1500
2,192 Posts
the Wire Bridge of New Portland, Maine. :grin2:

the bridge is seen just over the top of my windshield, as i was holding up traffic. so, that is the "My Bike" part. :wink2:
This is my favorite old bridge, as i used to go swimming under it as a kid. it is entirely suspended by the cables, in that the road-bed can swing freely, within the safety stops added in later years.

EDIT: sadly the picture didn't come out so good.

~Travis

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I have a bridge picture I would like to share, unfortunately not with my bike. Didn't know we were doing this thread when taking it. (bridge across Lake Champlain )
How about bike with a Bigfoot in Vermont...:hijack:..:eek:fft:.

Attachments

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Super Moderator
28,742 Posts
Okay 'll get us back on topic. Here are a few from yesterday's outing......................Get with the program Jim....:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 92 Posts