15,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

Reactions: travis.farmer

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ISthe blue water a toll bridge? I am thinking about crossing it over into Ontario when I go to the UP IN August.
if you are going to the U.P. and going through Michigan you'll be crossing the big mac bridge in mackinaw, mi, it's around $4.00 to cross. the blue water bridge will put you in sarnia, on. ca. which would be quite a ways out of your way

·
Registered
607 Posts
if you are going to the U.P. and going through Michigan you'll be crossing the big mac bridge in mackinaw, mi, it's around $4.00 to cross. the blue water bridge will put you in sarnia, on. ca. which would be quite a ways out of your way
We will be doing the big mac for sure. May have a heart attack looking thru the grates. Have heard stories. I know the blue water bridge. I think one of the prettiest sites I have seen. I will be coming around that side of MI as part of my perimeter ride. I have to do all of MI on this trip. I want to put the bike in Ontario and your post made me think about the view and maybe should enter Ontario there to show my wife the view. I crossed it about 1982 and would like to see it again. Thanks for making me think of a good memory.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Let's see if I can post a pic. A pic from my buddy's bike of mine as we crossed the Golden Gate last year on my way to Ron's house in WA.

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
usually when I cross the blue water bridge into Canada I head to Strathroy for my day trip, i'm going to have to spend some time in Sarnia and look across the water at port huron

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
the Wire Bridge of New Portland, Maine. :grin2:

the bridge is seen just over the top of my windshield, as i was holding up traffic. so, that is the "My Bike" part. :wink2:
This is my favorite old bridge, as i used to go swimming under it as a kid. it is entirely suspended by the cables, in that the road-bed can swing freely, within the safety stops added in later years.

EDIT: sadly the picture didn't come out so good.

~Travis

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I have a bridge picture I would like to share, unfortunately not with my bike. Didn't know we were doing this thread when taking it. (bridge across Lake Champlain )
How about bike with a Bigfoot in Vermont...:hijack:..:eek:fft:.

Attachments

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Super Moderator
28,152 Posts
Okay 'll get us back on topic. Here are a few from yesterday's outing......................Get with the program Jim....:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 88 Posts