Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wing is great and a lot of fun but I miss the cruiser style of riding, more so my VTX 1800. If it works out, theres still plenty of new left overs around here and there ... I also took a few days off to hit the local dealers that have the VTX's at the end of this week ... If it works out where I have to stay where I am ... thats fine too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. They arent making them any more. But there are a boat load of new left over 1800s various models still to be found ...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are thay going to replace the 1800 with something else ?

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
its time for honda to do a real update on the wing and get back to doing quality control

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Never should have sent it back to japan American made was a plus

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, like I said. If It works out where I have to keep the Wing ... I wont be totally disappointed ... but if I can sell it for what I need for it .. I will search out a new left over VTX 1800. Theres still plenty around. As I pay it off the Gold Wing Ill drop the price .... but again, If it doesnt move I wont be totally upset. The wing is a fun bike to ride. I just prefer the a cruiser.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The VTX is a wonderful machine.
Have the 1300R, Enjoy it much. Would not get shed of it for anything.
And now, have the wing..... Learning to enjoy it also, it's a machine of it's own caliber....
It's much difference of the two bikes all together !!!

......... two guns

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
New VTX 1800 For Im thinkin $9000.00. A dealer here in KY. Might do a trade with ya. Be a good ride/adventure

·
Registered
159 Posts
New VTX 1800 For Im thinkin $9000.00. A dealer here in KY. Might do a trade with ya. Be a good ride/adventure
Nine might be a good deal for you.

Two dealers down here wants 11K >>> for floor 1800's

They were 9500 back when they had the bonus buck thingy.
Bonus bucks plus the dealers deal. Friend purchased one. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
The VTX is a wonderful machine.
Have the 1300R, Enjoy it much. Would not get shed of it for anything.
And now, have the wing..... Learning to enjoy it also, it's a machine of it's own caliber....
It's much difference of the two bikes all together !!!

......... two guns
Looks like you could do some serious touring with a machine like that.. May not have all the "bells and whistles", but certainly capable...

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
The 1800 is rock stable at highway speeds and it has huge torque and plenty of go powah. What I found (and I'm very used to handling BIG bikes) was that the VTX 1800 in any trim was ungainly and cumbersome at crawl speeds and foot paddling around parking spaces (yes and in showrooms). All guises and trim modes need two things IMO: a real seat and a set of mini ape bars. Beyond that unless you need panniers and a sissy bar and/or windscreen they lack nothing in the cruiser realm. I do prefer the "C" model but the "R" is not bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Vtx

Traded my VTX 1800 for a 2012 Goldwing and would never go back, funny how people like diffrent things. My VTX had a miss that came and went as it wanted the whole time I owned it. Also handled like a brike compared to the Wing. Hope it works out for you and you get what you want.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well there has actually been a few developments.

I took the wife out this past week on her maiden ride. Its been too cold for her liking but we were able to squeeze in 35 minutes to our favorite breakfast spot, then 3.5 hours cruizin the local country roads.

When we stopped for lunch I asked her what she thought. She said "I love it !!!"... my reply was, "well I have it up for sale." She says, "No dont sell it, I love it, its very comfortable !"

So Ive been trumped. Guess there will be two in the shed in the near future !!

Suppose I need to pull down the ad.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
You have learned a valuable lesson. If the Mrs isn't happy, no body is happy. Good move on your part. Besides two bikes will be fun.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Well there has actually been a few developments.

I took the wife out this past week on her maiden ride. Its been too cold for her liking but we were able to squeeze in 35 minutes to our favorite breakfast spot, then 3.5 hours cruizin the local country roads.

When we stopped for lunch I asked her what she thought. She said "I love it !!!"... my reply was, "well I have it up for sale." She says, "No dont sell it, I love it, its very comfortable !"

So Ive been trumped. Guess there will be two in the shed in the near future !!

Suppose I need to pull down the ad.
I know what you mean...I want a ST1300 as a stable mate but would have to keep the Wing for the occasion my wife wants to ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts