Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am getting excited about leaving for Wing Ding Tomorrow (Saturday). On the way home from work on Wednesday night my Air Hawk seat cushin goes flat. I get home and there is a very small pin hole where the bottom meets the upper. Bad place to try and patch. I try and call ROHO Group in Ill, the maker of the Air Hawk cushin. To late, they are already closed Wednesday. Not looking forward to doing about 3000 miles on the Gold Wing seat. That is why I bought the Air Hawk in the first place. Kind of resigning myself to the fact that I will have an uncomfortable ride and/or pick a cushin up at Wal Mart (not the same though).
I called ROHO Group on Thursday morning anticipating that I will have to ship them the bad cushin and they will repair it and send it back to me. OK, fair enough I guess. It gets repaired but I don't have it for the trip to Wing Ding. Oh Well!
So I get through to Judy in the warranty/repair/return department. Give her the serial number, and yes it is still under warranty. I need to ship it back to them for repair. I tell Judy no problem I will ship it back. I explained to her my problem, or you might say disappointment in having to Ride to Wing Ding without my Air Hawk cushin. Now, I am on hold for a minute at the most.
Now this is the part you won't believe !!! She asks me If I would be willing to pay for overnight shipping from Ill to my house in Maryland for a new Air Hawk Cushin. Well, yeah, I would do almost anything to not have to ride to Wing Ding on that Gold Wing seat. The Air Hawk cushin was delivered by FedEx to my house this morning at 8:45AM, 26 hours after I talked to her.
Talk about Customer Service !!!! I can not believe it !!!! It cost me the shipping (not sure exactly how much that is yet I'll know tonight when I get home). They have won me over for life !!! I can not say enough good things about ROHO Group and their products.
Leaving work in a couple of hours and I will get back on the Forum when I return.
Hope to see some of you at Wing Ding !!!!!
Ride Safe !!!!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Nice of them. Under the warranty, they would probably have sent you a new one anyway and wanted the old one back to see why it failed. The new one will only carry the warranty from the original date of purchase.

It sure is nice to have a cush for the tush for a long ride.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Rex. All I can say is that I wish I was going with you to the Wing Ding. I would not even gripe about the cheap Wal-mart gel pad I have because I bought two and doubled up the gel inserts. What is comfort without the time to waste it sitting down ?

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Rex I'm glad that worked out & equally glad you shared your story. It's always good for the population to know which manufactures/vendors are really of quality. It seems that we rarely hear of good things we mostly hear whining about them.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
It is always good to know which companies will back their products and they are always the first to get my money. Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
One happy customer = 10 potential customers.

One unhappy customer = 100 lost sales.

I must agree with Eric, I'll go where I know I'll be treated right.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I agree it is good to hear about a company that tries to help their clients.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Rex. All I can say is that I wish I was going with you to the Wing Ding. I would not even gripe about the cheap Wal-mart gel pad I have because I bought two and doubled up the gel inserts. What is comfort without the time to waste it sitting down ?
Chop I've seen several post from you about your Wal-Mart gel-pad. This sounds like it oils better fit my budget at this point in time than an airhawk. Could you give a bit more info on your gel-pad?

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Thanks two wheel I'd have never thought to use an automotive cushion like they've talked about in that forum thank I try the custom cut and place under factory seat cover 'til I can cough up the change for an airhawk.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got back from Wing Ding and the Air Hawk worked very well. Still not the most comfortable I have ever been on a bike, but it worked good. After 2 hours, I still had to get off and streatch. I see a new saddle in the future though. Only thing stopping me right now is the cost of a Custom saddle. Wing Ding was fun. Got to ride the Tail of the Dragon, which was really fun. I will be going back down there again just to ride the Dragon.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Thanks two wheel I'd have never thought to use an automotive cushion like they've talked about in that forum thank I try the custom cut and place under factory seat cover 'til I can cough up the change for an airhawk.
For ultimate comfort, I ride an 1800 though, buy two and double up the gel pads in one cover. The passenger should be happy with the single layer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Chopin !! Thought I was going to see you at Wing Ding? Looked for you but no luck. Ended up being over 13,000 people there. Loads of Gold Wings, 2 and 3 wheel. Had a good time and will probably go to another one. Ride safe !

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Hi Chopin !! Thought I was going to see you at Wing Ding? Looked for you but no luck. Ended up being over 13,000 people there. Loads of Gold Wings, 2 and 3 wheel. Had a good time and will probably go to another one. Ride safe !
Rex! I was another one that was left behind. Ironically, I was at a wedding on Saturday, July 2nd and the groom lives in Dandridge, Tn about 30 miles from Knoxville. His place was going to be my base camp. Oh the irony.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts