Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this post today under the thread " Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year . Joe in calif writes: " They never said anything about maintenance cost of the BMW. A friend of mine had one, spent over $2,000 in maintenance in one year. major service every 6,000 miles, includes valve adjustment, tires last only 7 to 8,000 miles. And the pipes look like heck after a few thousand miles. He now has a 1200GT and loves that bike. " Well joe, just sneaking back in like you were never gone ?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Yea, come on Joe.. We've been stacking up all the problem threads waiting for your return. You don't want us giving advice.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I'm back, we didn't go into Colorado because of the bad weather, we stayed in Arizona, New Mexico and just touched Texas. A friend that was coming out from Florida to ride with us had clutch trouble on his 95 1500, he made it Flagstaff, Arizona where we spent the first night but his bike was in the shop for 3 days. He told us to go on ahead without him and we did.
Only gone 5 days instead of 10 but still had a good time. But glad to be back safe.
Joe

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering I have never been farther than a day ride, 5 days on the road looks like eternity to me. My son was in Phoenix last week at my parents house and rented a bike for a few days. He said it was hot and windy. I told him that's why I go to Phoenix in March. Of course you can't ride too far north at that time of year, but then again, I've never been longer than a day ride as previously stated........

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
CHOPIN114, when my wife was able to ride we used to take trips every year on the bike. Anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. We always traveled with about 3 other couples, that makes it a lot of fun. Now that she can't ride on the bike I take day rides with my friends, but once a year in May the GUYS take a trip. My wife usually takes that time to go to San Jose (about 500 miles) and visit her kids and then stops by her parents house on the way back home.( about 300 miles from where we live).
When we go somewhere now with other couples and are going to be gone for a few days, the guys ride the bikes and the ladies follow in the car.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I've spent alot of time in the Phoenix area on two wheels. the riding from Mesa to just about anywhere is great once you get out of the 'city'. Prescott, Sedona and out to the Northeast toward Fountain Hills, Tortilla Flatts and such are a delight on a bike. Too bad I was on a Harley instead of a Wing, but it's all good anyway. Sure found the limits of cornering clearance on the old Dyna; the Roadking was definitely better that way, but no match for either of them compared to my Vulcan. The Wing I can only imagine, but that gives me a reason to go back right?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
" Joe " : I enjoy riding with others. It makes me a better rider, at least for the time I am with others. This weekend I'll be doing the Rolling Thunder here in Washington. My local buddies will be doing the 1/2 ride because too many others is worst than none others. " budoka ": someday I hope Arizona is my resting place; and the lord willing , I make it there before that last day to enjoy it for awhile. " Totilla Flats or bust ! "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts