Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are going to head from Modesto, to Yosemite this weekend, if anyone wants to join, the more the merrier. We plan on heading out Saturday morning. Time yet TBD

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Man would I love to ride there with you guys. Kinda weird, lived in California for about 6 years and never got to see Yosemite. I'm in a coffee shop right now in Tyler, Texas looking at a photograph taken by a local photographer many years ago of Yosemite valley taken from a high point with low hanging clouds cloaking the valley and a cascading water fall, in a large black and white format hanging on the wall. Something to add to the bucket list.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its gorgeous. Whether going to the Glacier, or just riding through to Rainbow pools, I love it all. As much as I hate California for having too many people, I love the scenery and great coastal roads.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
I remember riding through Yosemite in 2010, wish we would have had more time to spend there.

Hopefully will get back some day.

Have a safe ride.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Seen parts of California, but Yosemite isn't one of them. Droooool

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Have pity on us East Coasters. Some of our parents moved us here only to abandoned us later in life and move back west.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I want to see that area one day. Let us know how the ride goes.

I love the look of your bike.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to see that area one day. Let us know how the ride goes.

I love the look of your bike.
Thanks I appreciate it.

I plan on taking many pictures this weekend and will post some on here. One of the states I plan on hitting in Missouri this summer, I love your state. I love to hit up all of the Antique shops. I drove truck for years, and so I am very familiar with Missouri and cant wait to ride through and over all the hills :)

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Mississippi also has a lot of antique shops but the hills are up in the northeast corner. Missouri is that other state along the big river.

I have an Uncle in the SW corner. I need to get there also.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Have pity on us East Coasters. Some of our parents moved us here only to abandoned us later in life and move back west.
Hey that's the same thing I'm going to do to my kids.:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
My company is opening an office in your somewhat vicinity (Richmond), whats the bike roads like there?
Well, east of Richmond there lies the ocean, west of Richmond there lies the foothills. If you're interested in colonial history head east; if you're interested in touring head west. If you want some mountain twisty riding keep heading west until you reach West Virginia.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mississippi also has a lot of antique shops but the hills are up in the northeast corner. Missouri is that other state along the big river.

I have an Uncle in the SW corner. I need to get there also.

There are some great antique shops in Missouri too. I used to stop in Joplin and up north Marshall way. The hills I was referring is the little washboard along 70 heading east out of KC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts