Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, name is doug just purchased an 09 with airbag brand new, metallic dark blue there are great deals out there, I have an 1800 VTX now, but looks like it will have to go, i wiil miss it but i think the wing will ease the pain, hope to see ya on the road

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF doug and congrats on the purchase of your new wing. where are you located

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the board from your neighbor in the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Alot of us have made the transition from the VTX to the Goldwing. It's a natural progression.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Welcome Doug from another PA guy.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Doug, enjoy that new bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the welcome, maiden voyage this w/e I was very impressed with handling, a very nimble machine for it's size going out again today see ya down the road

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi there Doug. Yup, there's nothing like a Wing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2009 GL1800, as well, candy red, everything but the air bag.

I love it. I have 20k on it now after less than 14 months of having it. Just got back from Death Valley with my group!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2009 GL1800, as well, candy red, everything but the air bag.

I love it. I have 20k on it now after less than 14 months of having it. Just got back from Death Valley with my group!
i have the airbag model but so far only 275 miles i guess thats not too bad on a w/e in march in NY many more to come:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have the airbag model but so far only 275 miles i guess thats not too bad on a w/e in march in NY many more to come:D
Get yourself a full motorcycle cover -- even if you garage or carport it. Plus a bunch of microfiber towels and motorcycle windshield polish -- not glass cleaner.

Oh and get yourself headlight covers and a belly pan!

I use Pledge on the painted surfaces.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get yourself a full motorcycle cover -- even if you garage or carport it. Plus a bunch of microfiber towels and motorcycle windshield polish -- not glass cleaner.

Oh and get yourself headlight covers and a belly pan!

I use Pledge on the painted surfaces.
what is the purpose of the belly pan? and i always used the honda spray polish with micro-fiber towels after every ride works well on the wind shield also, I will look into the headlight covers and full bike cover thanks for the advise

·
Registered
11 Posts
what is the purpose of the belly pan?
In case you run over a metal object. It doesn't take much to pierce the underside of your engine.

Do a search on belly pan on this board, and you'll probably read some horror stories written by those who didn't have one when they needed one.

I will look into the headlight covers and full bike cover thanks for the advise
You're welcome.

My mechanic says the headlights are $700 per unit. If you crack one, you have to buy the whole thing.

The bike cover will keep dust off your beautiful machine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts