Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I haven't bought a goldwing, yet, but have always wanted one and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I'll have questions for other forums as I become aquainted with things. I'm here to learn and I'm looking for gotcha's with the machines (if there are any).

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF cmaurand. so what modle wing are you looking to get

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at something in the mid 80's, maybe early 90's (Its what I can afford.) What kind of things should I look out for. I keep seeing things about new fork seals and carb rebuilds, etc. on machines that don't have that much mileage on them. is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if you get a 1990 wing it is still 20 yrs old. most carbs will not need a rebuild unless they are leaking or the bike has been sitting for awhile. if i were you i would get the newest wing with the fewest problems money would allow.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Good luck in your search for the perfect Wing (for you). Lots of nice folks on here and good information. Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome to the site cmaurand. Up here in the Canadian market, a 1990 goes for around $6000 to $7000 depending on what's on it for farkles (accessories) for the base model, and $8000 and up for the SE. They should be a tad less down in the States I reckon. Check with the previous owner for service records, or at least a maintenance list. Timing belts should be changed out at 50K,and check all rubber hoses, carb boots, cables, forks seals and brake reservior windows; dark fluid is ready for a freshnup. Other than that tyres if they're checked, cupped or just plain old. If the bike has been seeing regular use, chances are everything SHOULD be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts