Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I ride a lot... Usually try to get 2 good road trips in per year.

What kinda miles do the rest of you put on per season?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, have had my bike sense 94 and am at 116000. So that makes about 8300 a year. But I know I've been doing abut 10000 a year for the last four. So a bit less in the earlier years. I can ride all year here in So California

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was riding every day to work and back, and riding with the wife on the weekends. I put around 12,000 to 13,000 a year on my 84 Aspacade. I had to ease up a bit when I started working for myself. The wing will carry a lot of stuff, but Not a lot of power tools.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow... those are some serious Miles... Im not near that stage yet. Now y ou give me something to aspire too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
6000 to 8000 miles here in IL depends on who goes on trips with us on how far and how fast. but it's all good Right ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Riding

Two years in and I do 5,000 miles each year. I don't think that will change much because I'm in New Hampshire. I even ride during the very rainy spring time. I try to ride in between rains. Sometimes you know you'll have a few hour window between rain, thats when you go (sometimes I state the obvious).

This makes perfect sense after reading about yosemetibobr from southern Cal., who rides 10,000 miles +, all year.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
About 5,000 a season. We on the mid and north Atlantic Coast can't use the term " year ", we call it " riding season ".

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I bought my bike in March of 08, it was down for a month after an accident and then in the shop for another month, so It has been on the road for about 17 months and I have 18,000 on it so I guess a little over 12,000 year. Oh that reminds me, it's time for an oil change!!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I bought my bike in March of 08, it was down for a month after an accident and then in the shop for another month, so It has been on the road for about 17 months and I have 18,000 on it so I guess a little over 12,000 year. Oh that reminds me, it's time for an oil change!!
I can't pass up this one Joe. What kind of oil will you be using ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I manage to go through a set of tires a year, even the year I had back surgery. Not really sure about the mileage though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
24,000+ for me, both for work and recreation. I'm ashamed to say more work than recreation, my longest drive for work is 400mi round trip. Hey GLWingnut, Like you I have to haul tools, a trailer does wonders! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got in 18,882 in 2008 and 19,226 this year. Total of 50,001 on the 2005 now. bought it new in Sept 2004 and had a heart attach 19 days later, 6 mo later a double bypass then 3 months after that a pacemaker. The first year didn't get many miles in.

Why is it that we are proud of a LOW mileage car and embaressed about a LOW mileage Wing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well i don't get to ride much in the winter because of Missouri weather, but the wife and i still average about 18,000 per year. We take it on vacations, to church, to work...... well ...... almost everywhere. We would love to move to warmer weather where we could in some serious riding. rick

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Us northern tier guys have to put the Wing to rest for the colder months (at least I do). This past year (May to Nov) I put about 5k which was a slow year for me. I'll try to make up for it next year.. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Did 21,000 this past season, (March to September) us Northerners don't have a long season so we have to make hay while the sunshines;)

·
Super Moderator
15,259 Posts
i put over 6000 miles on the 1500 and another 3000 on the 1200 this season / year

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 09 GL1800 tat I bought on May 23, 09. The odometer just turned 19,000 miles 5 days ago. We have riden 48,000 miles on two different bikes in the past 18 months, riding two-up. We are retired and go, go ,go.

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
I don't get the chance to ride like I used to, only put 3500 miles on the new 1800 this season. In the past though, I did a lot more as we used the Wing and the Wingnut Hilton (our nick-name for our Tiny Mite tent trailer) on holidays all over the Western side of the continent both the 1200 and 1500. from '84 to '91 I put 163,000 on the 1200, and from '92 to '95 60,000 on the 1500. That's an average of 23,000 on the 1200 a year, 20,000 on the 1500. Gotta find the time (stupid job and commitments anyway) to do that again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
T&T

Well Bud, meet another Ride till ya drop fanatic. Sounds like you and I are pretty much the same in the go dept. I rerally like the name of your trailer. I always try to stay in a hilton, but always come up a little short. lol Happy trails my canadian pal. Heh

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
mileage (more is better)

My wing is an 04, I have 110,000 miles on it. It runs like a top.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts