Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for some of you my idea of a long trip will amuse some of you, but I Just rode out to see my daughter in Western MD (Frostburg) for Parents weekend. I went solo from NH out through the Berkshires in MA (saw my first flurry of the season) Down the Taconic Parkway. Down through PA ..(BTW Do You PA guys Keep 209 a secret on purpose? What a pretty ride)then across to 81 and up 68. Then of course all the side trips and a slightly different route home. Goldwing ,, what a great way to see the world. Just shy of 1400 miles in total it was a good long weekend. I am hoping next year that my wife's healing lets her do a little more long haul stuff.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Hey nh let me be the 1st Pa guy to chime in here.

We don't try to keep anything secret here not even the things we should.;) Seriously though it actually is a bit of a shame that you left 209 when you did, if you would stay on to the Susquehana River in Millersburg there is a small ferry that takes you across for about $5. & that picks up Rts 11/15 that join back in to 81. There are also other roads that do the same that go through State Forest lands as well.

Since you do this yearly check out this website it is cool.:cool:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey nh let me be the 1st Pa guy to chime in here.

We don't try to keep anything secret here not even the things we should.;) Seriously though it actually is a bit of a shame that you left 209 when you did, if you would stay on to the Susquehana River in Millersburg there is a small ferry that takes you across for about $5. & that picks up Rts 11/15 that join back in to 81. There are also other roads that do the same that go through State Forest lands as well.

Since you do this yearly check out this website it is cool.:cool:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html
Great thanks for the heads up. I was letting the on board GPS do the Navigating for me, and that is how I found 209. I will check out the ferry the next time maybe in the spring. PA was beautiful!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me

1400 miles is a real ride especially through mountains. I noticed western Maryland on a geographic map the other day. With Penn. north and West Va. to the south this must be a beauty esp in the fall and a Wing is the ultimate chariot.

"A person never really sees a place until that place is seen over twist grip handlebars! "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts