Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this 94 SE last august and have ridden it with the family a couple of times (the reason for getting a sidecar in the first place) but its just too much drag for daily commuting and or running around town when my daughter is getting to where she wants to ride on the back of the bike instead of the car...

word on the street is they can be quick-disconnected in about 20 minutes but for my first time it took about an hour. biggest issue was getting the rear passenger grab handles reattached (lining up the bolts) and getting the quick disconnect brake line un-fished from where they had it stowed inside the framework of the bike. of course having the proper wrenches IN HAND instead of IN TOOL BOX could have shaved some time off too...

looking forward to running this baby on just two wheels as it was designed (other than just up the block and back tonight)...

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I can see how that would be a hassle for in-town driving.

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Nice looking rig.

I had a hack once. It turned a perfectly good motorcycle into something that rode like a lawn mower. It was not for me.... but there will be a time that I won't be able to hold up this monster, and when that happens, I would rather have a hack than a trike.

Are you going to sell the hack then?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to sell the hack then?

No. I just pulled off to see what a wing is like as a regular motorcycle a d because like you said about riding like a lawnmower...

We got the set-up specifically so we can ride as a family (wife, daughter and myself)...

Ill be reassembling it for family rides...

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
if you like the wing with the hack attached you'll love the wing when you disconnect the hack

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I MIGHT have yanked my back. Either that or I've got yet ANOTHER kidney stone moving around....

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
either way thats not good but of the two i would rather pull a muscle in my back

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Nice looking rig. How is the power when loaded up with the family. How does it ride at highway speeds?

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
My Civic Si handled great! Side car rigs are nice to look at, but I wouldn't want one. Let us know how the ride goes Lt!

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
My Civic Si handled great! Side car rigs are nice to look at, but I wouldn't want one. Let us know how the ride goes Lt!
My 1998 Honda Civic ran good too.... but it wouldn't win any road races and with the wife and kids along, it gets ZERO cool factor points. Now if I had one of those new SI models... that would be different.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice looking rig. How is the power when loaded up with the family. How does it ride at highway speeds?
ive not had the whole family on board while on the e-way, but it seems to pull pretty good... i ran it on the super slab when i bought it last august...

now that the car is off, it rides pretty nicely. much easier to manuver at low speed, and kinda not too interested in hooking it back up but need to for the whole family...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts