Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I upgraded my XM subscription to include weather, I specifically wanted the radar map, as one day before I had it I almost rode into a tornado. I got the subscription and last September it saved me when it allowed me to see whether ahead and re-routed around it. Well, my wife and I bought a vacation rental near the Tail of the Dragon, so we have been going there a lot lately getting it ready. The other day I noticed that the system now won’t allow me to view the radar map while the bike is moving, only when stopped. That was not the case before. Anyone knows why and when the change happened? Is there a work around it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
First off I don't know why but the weather map is always available for me . I believe it is there for everyone that has the XM feature on their bikes.
Now to answer your question . If you have a 2009 to 2017 with XM option all you have to do is press and hold in the map zoom button in the handle bar for about three seconds. This is the same switch\button you press to hear your nav directions. To get back to the map press the button again for about three seconds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2018 bike. It didn’t do this before, but now if I am on the weather map page, amd start riding a window pops saying that this feature is not available while the bike is in motion., then reverts to the regular map. While in motion with the regular map displayed, the menu button is not available to be able to change maps.

·
Registered
2020 Goldwing Base - Dark w/ Red
33 Posts
Following...I too subscribed to weather...had it on my BMW and like you it saved me many times. Lately I mostly use Waze on my Android Auto setup and it does not work in Waze obviously...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts