Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just entered the GW world this week. Picked up an 09 ABS.
Going through the manuals it appears all 09's have the ability to provide weather and traffic info. I called XM to subscribe and the salesman told me that my radio doesn't have the capability. Do some 09's have the capability and others not?
Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Haven't gotten into mine yet, I see there is a weather band on the audio controls. To answer our question, there is a Satellite/Nav option on some bikes, I only have the level 1 bike. Others here will know more specifically.

·
Registered
515 Posts
didn't pay close enough attention to you OP, see you have an ABS...as I understand it should have satellite radio, like I said, others will come along that know more, I'm just moving up to the 18 myself.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello bmcjohn, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pa. I believe your bike (W/ABS) has NAV. I would think it should also have XM radio capabilities, but if you check your owners manual it should clarify...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
2009 Honda G��HPN Gold Wing comes with the all-new Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Honda’s exclusive Satellite-Linked Navigation� System, and XM Radio with traffic and weather reports.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the welcome!! Just talked with Honda, they said 09's have the capability to receive the weather and traffic maps. They said I just need to subscribe to XM. I called XM, and they tracked the problem down to Honda has not directed XM to enable my radio. So, I have to get a dealer to call XM. Not sure why Honda has to authorize a capability that the bike owner purchased. Hopefully I can get this working soon since it will be pretty useful in Miami. I will post on here to let you guys know what I came up with. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts