Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost another WWII vet last night. IN 1944 at the age of 17 he joined the U.S.N. to do his part in the war to end all wars. Although he never saw action, this simple farm boy was eager to do his part for a country he loved dearly. After the war he came home to the family farm to raise crops and a family. This great man never talked much about the war or growing up in the depression, he simply started each day with a smile as he tended to his crops and livestock wich he did every day for 65 years. I would like to say thank you to him and all vets for their service. Thanks Dad, I.L.Y.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Sorry for your loss Matt. So many of that great generation are leaving us daily. They did what they had to do to take care of those they loved and never waited for a handout. I'm sure you will miss him. Cherish his memory and what he taught you.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Buddy, I'm really sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself & your family & cling to the memories. I know that's what I do. Take care.

As I always tell eveybody "I love the old guys, they are special".

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot lot guys, I really debated about posting something so personal, but after reading your kind words I know I made the right decision.:) Thanks again Fossil & Two Wheel.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Semper Fi. As I gladly share in your joys, so too do I sadly share in your sorrows. Thank you for including us in your personal loss.This forum is about US; the motorcycle is just the common interest that brings us together. Your loss is our loss; and though it may not be a personal loss to US as individual members, it is a collective loss to US as a community. Never, ever, forget that.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sincerest Condolences from my family to yours. Our nation has lost another true American Hero!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Buddy, I'm really sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself & your family & cling to the memories. I know that's what I do. Take care.

As I always tell eveybody "I love the old guys, they are special".
my dad turned out to be my best friend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts