Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find used CD player in good condition for much less than new factory ones. I have 2005 GL1800.

Thanks,
M&P 40

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can find a used cd player on the classified forums, but a lot of guys have been forgoing the CD's and instead using IPods or MP3 players. They take up a lot less trunk space (basically none) and can store many more songs and audio clips that cds can. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF m&p 40, even a used factory radio for a wing is on the pricie side, is yours missing / stolen / damaged/ or didn't have one when you got your wing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shipping and handling ripoff

Using I-pod or an MP3 player is the way to go. But if ur intent on a CD player purchase it from a known reputable dealer, I just purchased a CB for a Goldwing from Direct-line Honda and was charged almost $20 :eek:bucks shipping and handling. Charging shipping and handling on a $579 order is hideous... Told the owner (Tim) that I would take my business some place else from now on.:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum and the replies. The original owner (Iam the second owner) put almost everything imaginable on this Silver '05 GL1800 EXCEPT a CD player. I was looking at putting in a used one if available but instead will heed the advice given and use an MP3 instead. I can fit it into the left fairing box and plug it into the auxillary cord there.

Thanks again for the sound advice.

M&P 40

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
an mp3 player will hold more songs and take up less space than cd's. i carry two tapes on each of my wings just incase i have a problem with my mp3 player but i haven't had a problem with it

·
Registered
692 Posts
an mp3 player will hold more songs and take up less space than cd's. i carry two tapes on each of my wings just incase i have a problem with my mp3 player but i haven't had a problem with it
... HOWDY ... I HAVE A LITTLE 4gig. IPOD ... HAS ENOUGH MUSIC ON IT TO RIDE FROM OREGON TO VALLEY CITY ... AND MEET UP WITH ... WILLIAM ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
mine is an 8gig ron and it's only half full

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patch Cord $$$$$

I have taken everyone's advice and decided to forgo the CD player and instead use an MP3. I looked in my bike & box of goodies I received with the bike and could not find the patch cord for the AUX. I called my local Honda stealer and ordered one. $35 plus tax for a little bitty 10" long cord. What a rip off. I them went to Wally World and bought an Ipod Shuffle. They are only 1 gig but my wife has one and she said it will hold LOTS of tunes. I went thru our library of CDs and picked out several that I like to listen to and put them on my shuffle and still had room to spare. Was out riding Sunday afternoon with some friends and was crusin and jammin to my tunes. GREAT audio system.

Thanks for all the great advice and plan on being around for a long time and hope to receive lots more good advice. Maybe even able to give a little good advice some day.

M&P 40

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Takes up a lot less room and is more versatile. Enjoy the music and the road. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
1 gig? you'll be wanting a mp3 that holds more tunes soon. i started with a 2gig and had a 4gig in less than three months, less than a year later i gave my nephew my 4gig amd got the 8 gig sansa r280

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for the wiring harness connector that is attached to the cd player--but I DO NOT want the cd player. I am told this is a 16 pin connector that mates up perfectly to the one that is under the trunk. Please let me know if I have it right and if so if U have the connector.

Thanks, Elliot
954 696 4377

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Elliot,

The original owner did not get a CD player on my bike. The patch cord I bought hooks up under the left fairing pocket and attaches to my mp3 player. I don't know about the 16 pin cord since mine did not have the CD player. Sorry I could not help you.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts