Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ready to move up to the 1800 ? How's the search going ?
Yes I am. I found a good deal on an '05 for $11k, but after reading all the posts on the GL1800Riders forum about transmission problems and alternator drive gear/alternator problems, I decided to either get a new GL1800 or get a used one with an existing warranty.

During my search on CL and eBay for a GL1800, I found a very good deal on a '95 GL1500 for $2500.00 and decided to add it to the stable.

If I come across a real good deal on a GL1800 (2008 or newer), I'll probably get it. My other option is to wait on the 2012 Wing.

I'm going to the International Motorcycle show in DC tomorrow where there is supposed to be a vtwin bagger concept bike built on the 1300 platform.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Yes I am. I found a good deal on an '05 for $11k, but after reading all the posts on the GL1800Riders forum about transmission problems and alternator drive gear/alternator problems, I decided to either get a new GL1800 or get a used one with an existing warranty.

During my search on CL and eBay for a GL1800, I found a very good deal on a '95 GL1500 for $2500.00 and decided to add it to the stable.

If I come across a real good deal on a GL1800 (2008 or newer), I'll probably get it. My other option is to wait on the 2012 Wing.

I'm going to the International Motorcycle show in DC tomorrow where there is supposed to be a vtwin bagger concept bike built on the 1300 platform.
I'll be there Sunday at the show .Nice web site you have dj. You've been around the block a few times.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll be there Sunday at the show .Nice web site you have dj. You've been around the block a few times.
Thanks chopin114, my plan is to ride out to Southern California later this summer. I plan to visit Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona while I'm 'out that way'.

I also plan to go to the Americade and the Wing Ding (both for the first time) this year.

We'll have to get together and get some barbecue when the weather breaks.

I've got a few training classes scheduled for the late spring in Leesburg and I try to ride the bike whenever I can.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Web Site

Thanks chopin114, my plan is to ride out to Southern California later this summer. I plan to visit Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona while I'm 'out that way'.

I also plan to go to the Americade and the Wing Ding (both for the first time) this year.

We'll have to get together and get some barbecue when the weather breaks.

I've got a few training classes scheduled for the late spring in Leesburg and I try to ride the bike whenever I can.
Great web site DJ!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts