Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The only difference between a motorcycle GPS and a car GPS is about $400.00, Most of us a car GPS , the only difference is they are not waterproof, when it rains either take it off or cover it up with a plastic bag, There are so many different ones and models to pick from, depending on how much you want it to do you can spend from $100. to $400. Some will play MP3"s, some have Bluetooh for your cell phone, Go to www.garmin.com and check out the different units. But buy one from e-bay or check your ads on Sunday for Target, Best Buys, Staples, Radio Shack or other places like that. Target has a Garmin this week for $109.00, I think it as a 255W

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joe in calif I thought that maybe the motorcycle ones had a screen that could be seen in bright sun lite. Thanks, Carl. I had a Garmin eTrex Legend a hiking GPS that I was using, but managed to break it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found one at Amazon for $99.99. Has anyone on this site used one of these:
Garmin 255W?

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi 660, but I've heard good things about the 255W.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Carl... I've got a Garmin Nuvi 550, just a standard GPS, not Bluetooth or anything fancy, but is waterproof that's why I chose it. Plus the price, about $200.00 .

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Carl, I have a Garmin 265tw. If you go to Garmins website & do comparison of models you'll see the features each one has. For instance the "T" is for traffic etc etc. I believe the difference from the 255 to 265 is voice turn by turn but I'm not positive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts