Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1500 SE 1997 I changed the rear tire (elite 3)
and picked up a "'wrobble" sound from about
20mph to 40mph. The sound is coming from
the rear of the bike. Any help would sure be
welcomed. thank you

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi eehdee, I've heard this sound many times in the past with e3 dunlops. the noise is made when in the construction of the tire the mold sets the center tread slightly offset from one half of the tread to the other half. to tell if this is the case, set tire pressure at 40lbs, go for a ride an listen while going around turns. by leaning the m/c you are unloading the center grip on the road. the noise should go away while leaning left or right. good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This Might Sound Goofy But On My Cycle It Was The Raised Lettering On The Tire Rubbing On The Controll Arm,I Sanded The Letters Down And It Went Away! Good Luck Anyhow,lazz.86 Aspencade

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Had a chance to try it last night.
Set pressure to 40lb. Noise was slightly less
at 30 to 45mph. When I leaned the m/c to one
side or the other, the wrobble noise increases.
The noise is a real deep chattery noise. Wrobble.
Thanks for trying.
I should add, it seems to happen only on a coast.
:confused:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have e-3 tires on both wings and the e-3's on the 1500 make way more noise than the ones on the 1200. infact the e-3's on the 1200 hardly ever make noise. i had the e-3's put on the 1200 about two years ago now and have always kept them at 40 psi in each tire but the po of my 1500 was riding around with 28psi in the rear and 22 in front for i don't know how long. i've always wondered if the e-3's on the 1500 would be quieter if they had been properly maintained like the tires on the 1200. and yes i do keep them between 38 and 40 psi now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts