Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Now I know why you ask about getting a DCT. Go for it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Give us an update on your healing. Is the hand getting better?

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes it is . Will know more Friday when I see the doctor . It is not as bad as it looks in the picture. Took out the finger print pad to the bone and damaged/broke the bone and finger nail. Biggest issue right now is keeping the injury from getting infected. Have to be carefull what I do with the hand.

Thanks for asking.

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Biggest issue right now is keeping the injury from getting infected. Have to be carefull what I do with the hand.

Thanks for asking.
Glad to hear it isn't that bad. But it's all I can do to not have a comment on the last sentence! 🍻

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was on the fence about DCT or clutch. I’ve ridden since 1980 and my left hand worked on its own with no thought. I finally decided I’d give it a try and went with DCT, and other than a couple reaches for the nonexistent clutch lever and a couple foot movements for an equally nonexistent shifter, I neither miss nor want a manual shift. I find it so much easier at low speed and low speed turns than previous bikes; probably due to extremely low center of mass, and I’ve started using the rear brake for drag in low speed turns in combination with the throttle for even more control.
As previously mentioned by others, high beam, turn signal, and horn may be difficult, but I’d only be concerned with getting a ticket for failure to signal a turn, but I hopefully your thumb is useable at this point.

Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery!
Love my new 2021 tour airbag dtc. Amazing bike. Love the dtc, love the handling, suspension, CarPlay etc. etc. never will I go back to manual shift.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got the ok to use the hand/finger from the dr. Just going to take time to completely heal. Now to find that DCT Tour

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
The Honda dealer in Mobile, AL only had the one I bought when I was looking. Now they have four. So maybe the supply is loosening up a bit.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Glad to hear you are healing up Ed. Good luck with the new wing search.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Left hand is out of commission for awhile . So do you think a DCT would work for me.
View attachment 277972

Tried to stop a miter saw with my finger. Didn't work. Finger will be fine but with out a DCT no riding for awhile.
Glad you’re okay. I haven’t been cut by a saw but plate glass yes. Cut tendon to my right thumb was stitched back. Happened years ago and didn’t have physical therapy so lost some range of motion but have gotten used to it. Will suck to be out of riding for a bit, I traded in my 2021 Rebel 1100 DCT on my new 2021 Goldwing Tour 6 speed the Rebel rode around very nice just did not like the slow speed maneuvering parking lots etc. while in drive and rolling you aren’t able to push the switch into neutral. I experienced a bit of backlash with slight adjustments of the throttle during low speed maneuvers. Like having a clutch and using friction zones plus pull in clutch and removes all power from the rear wheel. I feel more in control with a motorcycle having a manual transmission and clutch. Besides depending on where your from season is winding down soon. I would try and see if you can test ride Honda is really promoting their DCT automatics try it out and see if it’s something you like it’s definitely different and takes getting used to. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Robby

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
54 Posts
Wait! A Honda rebel is a long way away from a Honda gold wing DCT I admit that I wanted a 6 speed clutch gold wing but I couldn't find so I wound up with ADC T-man man o man did I feel like I got lucky this thing shifts 5 times out of the 7 gears by the time it hits 35 miles an hour the gold wing has massive torque! massive torque and you would be fanning in a clutch all of the time and constantly shifting To get the full potential out of the motor

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
54 Posts
I was trying to leave this thread alone but holy cow! Sitting in traffic in the city this thing is a dream , believe me you're still riding a motorcycle without the clutch. Notice how you don't ever hear a person with A DC T say they wish they would have gotten a clutch never

21 - 33 of 33 Posts