Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GL1800, 2005 K1200LT, 2001 Ultra Classic (wife - 2001 800 Vulcan)
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to get a pair of saddle bags to replace my one side scraped door but they're off a 2010. Did Honda make changes to the back of the bike over time where this wouldn't be plug n play exchange?

Thanks,
Woody

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the saddle bags are the same from 2001 through 2010. It was 2012 that the bags got the make over.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
you can check this site out yourself

but it looks to me they have the same part number....... the last part of the number is the paint code

Reactions: Jinx and byekryam

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree the part numbers do seem to match. Does anyone know of anyone who's done a swap? Even if the paint is the same color, would the different years pose a slight difference in paint formulas? Or is Honda Goldwing Red the same year to year to year?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I agree the part numbers do seem to match. Does anyone know of anyone who's done a swap? Even if the paint is the same color, would the different years pose a slight difference in paint formulas? Or is Honda Goldwing Red the same year to year to year?
[/QUOTE/]

The paint probably would not be a exact match even if the paint code may be the same. As far as Red being RED, unless it's the same year, it will be different. Honda mostly used a three coat process, with different base and color coats.
Look up different years and you will see the different names for the color and paint code.In 2001 the only red Honda shows is the Illusion red. Looking at the parts fiche, it seems Honda only used this color on the 2001 and 2002.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a shame, ok but thanks and you probably saved me a lot of wasted time

Wood

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That's a shame, ok but thanks and you probably saved me a lot of wasted time

Wood
Depending on how bad and the location of the scrape, maybe you could get that area painted with a contrasting color. You would have to get both sides done, but it would the be unique.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depending on how bad and the location of the scrape, maybe you could get that area painted with a contrasting color. You would have to get both sides done, but it would the be unique.
I think at this point before going crazy I'm just going to see if I can first find another door. If that doesn't pan out then I'll move to the alternative choices.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Red fades the most / fastest, and getting a red door to match a red bike after 20 years would be nigh impossible. But, I do wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: byekryam

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Red fades the most / fastest, and getting a red door to match a red bike after 20 years would be nigh impossible. But, I do wish you the best of luck.
Especially the Illusion Red on a 2001. Another reason why I love my white 2012.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It came today from Fallencycle and was an exact match. I really appreciated how they wrapped it and protected it for transport. Now to figure how to change this thing.....

·
Registered
480 Posts
It came today from Fallencycle and was an exact match. I really appreciated how they wrapped it and protected it for transport. Now to figure how to change this thing.....
WOW! that was actually quite fast, all I've been reading lately, r shipping horror stories, where it's taking months to ship a product... u were actually lucky...

Ronnie
1/11/22

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pretty much everything that I've ordered for this bike has said a month out when estimating shipping only to be surprised that it got here in only a few days. Maybe that's because I'm getting all "used" stuff. I'm sure that all "new" stuff is delayed by available parts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts