Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A couple months ago I was helping to lead a guided tour for RoadRUNNER magazine through the mountains of western NC. Even though it rained most of the time, the ride was a blast. On the last day of riding the clouds finally cleared up enough for us to take a little detour off the Blue Ridge Parkway up to the top of Mount Mitchell, which, for those of you unfamiliar with the area, is the highest peak east of the Rockies. Anyway, at the top of the mountain and totally independent of our tour group I ran across this beauty. I think it's one of the prettiest motorcycles I've ever seen, and if I find one for a decent price on craigslist, you may make a Wing owner out of me yet!

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
That does look pretty good. But if I had one like that you wouldn't be able to buy it off me!

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Very nice.
You'll find one, there's a Wing out there with your name on it.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
that is a nice looking i've had to pass on several '78 wings, no place to store them

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
You have got to love the look of classic wings.. Beautiful...

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
That's likely the only other bike my missus would allow me to get. That one's definitely one of the finest ones I've seen in a long time.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found one

Well I found a '78 on craigslist for $800, WOW! Runs, needs a bit of TLC but not too bad. But here's the potential deal breaker, no title. How hard would it be to get a new title since the bike is so old?

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Well I found a '78 on craigslist for $800, WOW! Runs, needs a bit of TLC but not too bad. But here's the potential deal breaker, no title. How hard would it be to get a new title since the bike is so old?
I would say check with DMV since most states are different.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do a lot of title work here in NC. And IF you can track down the last registered owner of it, AND they're cooperative, you can get them to order a duplicate and sign it directly over to you. Sometimes there's drama between the previous owners that can cause you grief. These situations are always sticky.
I run into this kindof stuff on boats all the time. My advice is that if it doesn't look reeeal easy and all the players ain't available, walk. And do the research before any money changes hands. d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I bought one a few monts ago, same one as in the picture, 1979 with 10,000 KLM it was in a shed for the past 15 years, it's in bad shape but I'm going to restore it as a winter project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.