Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not much of a mechanic, but to save money, I'm willing to try most simple things, though there have been times when I have turned a $100 job into a $300 job :(

So far, I changed the oil, swapped out the air filter and the fuel filter, and came *this* close to flushing the cooling system until I saw that the coolant was like new. The hardest part of the job was putting the seat bolts back in :) though eveything took me since I move slow...

For regular mtc, the GL1500 isn't bad. Lots of snap-together tupperware covers all the real hardware and once you get used to having to remove 8 pieces of plastic to get to the one piece of plastic you really want to remove, it's not too bad.

I don't see me doing timing belts, but plugs, fluids (other than brakes/clutch), and filters are a-go.

Since changing out the oil/air filter/fuel filter, I've seen my in-town mileage from from 30mpg to (preliminarily) 37mpg. That's not bad considering a trike kit kills off a few MPGs. And now the bikes moves like she's supposed to... hesitation is gone and she hauls axx when I get the RPMs up.

Greg

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Timings belts are a little more difficult, a few things you have to remove are a pain, now the plugs on the other hand is a snap.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Timings belts are a little more difficult, a few things you have to remove are a pain, now the plugs on the other hand is a snap.
Yeah, I;ve elarned to leave the harder stuff (like timing belts) to those woh know what they're doing.

Nice sig-quote, btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts