Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you EVER decide to replace an instrament panel bulb prepare to take 3.5-4 hours tearing everything apart to get to the back of the instrament panel where the bulbs are located.
I am in the midst of this project right now and I am going with LED's for as many bulbs replacements as possible & where I can't get LED's I am replacing the bulbs anyways to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I always run my dash lights on a dim setting, prolongs the life of the bulbs, I don't ride a lot a night but even when I do I find that even on a low setting they are bright enough, and if I want them brighter I just turn them up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All of the Dash bulbs on both the 1500 and 1800 can be replaced by LED's they are brighter and you can change the color if you want. I replaced all of mine with green it really gives the dash a different look ( and the LED's have a life of about 100,000 hours)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoneWolfTX, CO-CA, Joe in Calif, Carl334

LoneWolfTX
Carry a flashlight! That was funny!
SO-CA
I found that the bigger ones are the 4 cluster LED's But can't find the smaller ones unless they are the T6.5 number.
Joe in Calif
I didn't know you could dim the lights on the dash. Hmmm! Must be missing something here.
Carl334
I am riding a 1990 GL1500/6 - Wineberry. The bike was abused by the previous owner but is now getting to the point of looking really nice & running nice as well. One more problem to tackel & I should be done with the mechanical end of things. Seems I have either a stuck choke or a vaccum leak that is giving me only 32.7 MPG. It's been tuned up with new plugs, air filter, oil & filter & fuel filter & the carbs were synced.

·
Registered
137 Posts
LoneWolfTX
Carry a flashlight! That was funny!
SO-CA
I found that the bigger ones are the 4 cluster LED's But can't find the smaller ones unless they are the T6.5 number.
Joe in Calif
I didn't know you could dim the lights on the dash. Hmmm! Must be missing something here.
Carl334
I am riding a 1990 GL1500/6 - Wineberry. The bike was abused by the previous owner but is now getting to the point of looking really nice & running nice as well. One more problem to tackel & I should be done with the mechanical end of things. Seems I have either a stuck choke or a vaccum leak that is giving me only 32.7 MPG. It's been tuned up with new plugs, air filter, oil & filter & fuel filter & the carbs were synced.
I liked the carry a flashlight also --good laugh there

as for the bulbs they are the 5mm and you can get them from Totally Wings in just about any color (562-861-4268)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts