Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 GL1800 lev1, when riding slow at idle when i try to accelorate it won't go faster than jerks and accelorates real fast. I thought maybee sticking so ran injector and throtle body cleaner threw it . That didn't help. What else could it bee? Thanks Richard

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
How long have you had the Wing???

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
How long have you had the Wing???
Add to that
how many miles?
Air filter change?
Plugs?

Answers to these may help folks diagnose the problem..:)

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Ive had it sence february 12
That sounds about right.
If this is your first wing.....IMO - I think its more getting used to the throttle/clutch than mechanical.
I had the same issues. I did most of the slow stuff in 2nd for a while to avoid the jerks. Now, I have a better feel of the throttle and do not experience the jerks.
Just one Ref's opinion

The more I ride the better I get

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with Efinref, you have to realyy feather the throttle in 1st gear, take a bit of practice to get used to it.

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
At 34,000 miles your plugs could well be done. Maintenance schedule shows replacement every 16k (not always the case but) and you may want to have a good listen to the valve train, it's due for "inspection" (a listen with a stethescope should reveal whether the valves need adjustment) at 32k. Air cleaner should have been replaced every 12k. Crankcase breather should be cleaned at least once a year (shows every 4000 miles) more if you ride lots in rainy conditions. None of this is really difficult with the exception of the PITA about the airfilter and taking off the bodywork toget at it. It's unlikey that the valves are out of adjustment, but better safe. My money is on the plugs and air filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can also disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and reset the computer and start from fresh to your style..jeff

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
That sounds about right.
If this is your first wing.....IMO - I think its more getting used to the throttle/clutch than mechanical.
I had the same issues. I did most of the slow stuff in 2nd for a while to avoid the jerks. Now, I have a better feel of the throttle and do not experience the jerks.
Just one Ref's opinion

The more I ride the better I get

I still experience the jerks; the kind that text and talk while weaving out of their lane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.