Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 Goldwing Limited Edition 1200, and at slow speeds (below 30) I sometimes get a wobble on the frontend if I do not have both hands on the handlebars, the second I just simply put my hand back on the handlebar it quits with out having to put much pressure either. Doesn't happen at higher speeds though. What could be causing this?

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Could be front fork fluid being low, worn springs, tires cupped, tires out of balance, steering head worn out. (lots of things) Do you have a superbrace on the bike?? How long have you had the bike and how long has this been occuring??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the bike a couple of months ago/ I noticed it shortly after I got it, and doesn't do it all the time. Seems to happen more when the bike is cold and not warmed up too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Any time I have wobble, like now, it has been tires. Mine has wobbled since the tires have had about 5000 miles on it. Now I have 7500 and the wobble is a little worse. The tires still look good, and the wobble is not enough to get new tires yet.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Check your tyres for cupping. If you have the stock fork brace, check the mounting bolts for tightness and the holes for wear. My 84 was really worn out when I changed to the Superbrace. If all is ok then start looking at balance and steering head bearings as mentioned above. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts