Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after hanging out on the site for over 3 months, I finally got the courage to trade in my Venture Royale and buy an 03 Wing. I had my Zumo wired in the system to be able to listen to the MP3 and recieve calls through the headsets. Can I wire my wing the same way? I prefer to have it hardwired instead of trying to use a Scala or other bluetooth. As many accesories as I have found for the bike, I haven't found a resource or supplier that makes a plug and play to do this. Any advice? P.S. I have several of the Ventureriders forum that now have goldwings. so I hope to have as much enjoyment on this site as they have. Thanx

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. I have a Garmin Nuvi 680 which transmitts over a low end FM band into the audio system which can be heard through the headsets. There are a lot of folks who have add-on GPS units so there must be a way to wire it into the system. Someone here will be able to help.

Where do you call home? Ride safe..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 1500 with a zumo 550 . I bought the wiring kit from chromeworld and spent sometime installing it but it is so trick to have bluetooth . I also use the music off the chip in the gps . I think this is the one you need . Call them they are very helpful.:)

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/Kits/StaticKitDetails.aspx?KitItemID={f32ce5cc-a2e2-43b3-a5e7-a735417c0bfa}&gid={8fc2aea3-6201-4508-a6c9-52bf16470a8c}&GroupName=Garmin+GPS+for+Honda+Goldwing+GL1800&pname=Garmin+2820+Audio+Kit+GL1800&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

1 - 4 of 4 Posts