Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attached 2 photos. What are these two connectors? Mine '95 Aspy.
One photo left side behind CB hole, connector has cover.
Second under seat, I moved wire to photo it was poked thru into speaker cabinet, but I don't think it has any thing to do with the speakers which I don't have. Notice that the two wires are connected! CIMG0013.JPG

CIMG0014.JPG

I think I've figured it out: the 6 pin connector is for a fader controller and the other wires are for a trunk lite.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Attached 2 photos. What are these two connectors? Mine '95 Aspy.
One photo left side behind CB hole, connector has cover.
Second under seat, I moved wire to photo it was poked thru into speaker cabinet, but I don't think it has any thing to do with the speakers which I don't have. Notice that the two wires are connected! View attachment 374

View attachment 375
Curious, I have a 95 aspy and I don't remember seeing any extra plug conections. Do you have a CB and do you have Reverse? Linden

·
Registered
143 Posts
No I do not have a CB and yes I do have reverse.
That is what that plug on the left compartment is then, as far as the one under the seat, could have to do with the cb also. Linden

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The first one looks like the CB connector, the other one looks like it was disconnect from something, what is the other end connected to?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Carl, for what it's worth I concur with Joe that does look like the CB connector, the other wire I'm not sure. 2 things like Joe said trace it to see where the other end goes & 2nd are you sure that it is an OEM wire? It has the look of being an add on wire to me. Just one ole fossil's opinion. Good Luck & let us know what you find out.

You know I just looked at it again & I think I might have it. You don't have a CB so the 1st one is not connected to anything. I just put J&M's CB control on for my wife & I had to find the capped plug for the PTT option for her control. It appears as though it was located in that general area. That's what it may be. Joe any thoughts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st photo: No not CB connector; CB connector is 16 pin, and it did have a cap which I removed for photo. Second photo: The wires originate right next to where I think the plug ins are for the rear speakers ( which I don't have). I've have laid the total circuit there on the fender so you could see both ends and color codes. My guess as to their use was from reading a downloaded wiring schematic. The color codes for the two wires on the rear fender match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts