Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning on heading up to Winthrop tomorrow. Going to check out the fire damage and get our ice cream fix. We try to get up there every year, but was not too sure this year with all the fires. We will look out for any Wingers while we're there.

·
Premium Member
17,173 Posts
Would like to meet you there, unfortunately with Betty's resent hip replacement I'm pretty much home bound.
Ride safe and have a good time.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron,
Your post made me think of the difference between motorcycle forums. I follow several different forums.

Generic, mostly sport bike: ATGATT, God forbid if your caught without full racing leathers.

Moto Guzzi: Must do all your own maintenance. If you spend any money on someone doing the work when you could do it yourself you're crazy.

Goldwing: Hip replacement...

·
Super Moderator
11,335 Posts
Wish I had known sooner, but I need a few days notice.

·
Super Moderator
14,123 Posts
Thanks Ron,
Your post made me think of the difference between motorcycle forums. I follow several different forums.

Generic, mostly sport bike: ATGATT, God forbid if your caught without full racing leathers.

Moto Guzzi: Must do all your own maintenance. If you spend any money on someone doing the work when you could do it yourself you're crazy.

That's funny because it's true. :ho ho ho: But this forum will have people looking to ride with you and especially reminding you to take pictures.

Most of the active fires are down in the southern part of the state. Those around Winthrop, while not out, are being controlled. Have a great ride.

·
Premium Member
17,173 Posts
Thanks Ron,

Let us know how the Ice Cream is. Our Geezer gang has a rule, that you can't leave Winthrop till you've had Ice Cream, even if you've just had a big lunch.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ice cream was good. I had peach and she had blueberry cheesecake. Nice ride up, even with the fire damage the Methow valley is a nice ride. We didn't see too many burned houses from the road. There were a lot of places where the fire came right up to buildings. South of Twisp Hyw 153 was closed, the detour was a nice road and might be the normal route from now on.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was the detour. Not a super great Oh WOW road, but a little more interesting then the corresponding stretch of hwy 153.

https://goo.gl/maps/q21hW

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
One of the reasons to go back to the NW corner, we didn't do Winthrop in August. Well, and the icream. And the oysters. And the ice cream. And the steelhead....dang, will prolly just have to move there.:icon_smile_big:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts