Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might be colder other places but it's 25 degrees with a wind out of the N.E. this evening here at the house.
I wish my Canadian friends would keep their wind to themselves.:confused:
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
LMAO !!! I took a ride yesterday and I must say winter is here. Last Sunday it was 52 this Sunday it did not get past 28! Yes I am crying!!

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
sorry to hear that your riding days may have ended for the year ron. my 1200 wing and 450 nighthawk have been in hibernation for about a month and the 1500 wing is at the dealer having the bank angle sensor replaced, its still under warranty. i probally won't get it back for two weeks and i don't think i'll have warm weather for the ride home

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Not to gloat or anything, but the temperatures are in the 70’s down here. A front will go through on Thanksgiving dropping the highs down to the 50’s for a couple days. Sorry, I guess that is gloating.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't blame us, that wind is from Alaska. lol
Yah; but you guys were the last to have it.

20 degrees this morning at 7:00 o'clock
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Not to gloat or anything, but the temperatures are in the 70’s down here. A front will go through on Thanksgiving dropping the highs down to the 50’s for a couple days. Sorry, I guess that is gloating.
Yeah Mark, It kind of is but that's ok. Us "Yanks" would do it to if we lived down there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hey fossil,
i see you got a promotion too!!!! We now have 2 super mods!!

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
It's a mis-spelling. He's a " Supper Moderator " in charge of what's dished out.
That may be Chopin. So in that case "NO Soup for you!"

·
Registered
19 Posts
you guys up north are so lucky, its going to be in the low 70's in central virginia tomorrow. I bought brand new snow tires for my gl1000 but will neve get to use them.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Well, here it's ummmm......................... Nevermind

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
We're getting there. Highs this week in the 40's and it's probably downhill from there. After the oil is changed the Wing goes to bed until late March. Sleep tight my love....

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the weather turned during the night. Yesterday 35 MPH winds are down to 5-10 MPH "Oh" and the temp has also changed from yesterday's 20 at this time it's now 14 degrees.
Come on guys no gloating, how about a little sympathy here. I know you can do it, you know, stuff like " So sorry, To bad, Wish we had some of that weather, sorry you can't get the Wing out for a ride. You know stuff from the heart.:eek:
See you later.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Well the weather turned during the night. Yesterday 35 MPH winds are down to 5-10 MPH "Oh" and the temp has also changed from yesterday's 20 at this time it's now 14 degrees.
Come on guys no gloating, how about a little sympathy here. I know you can do it, you know, stuff like " So sorry, To bad, Wish we had some of that weather, sorry you can't get the Wing out for a ride. You know stuff from the heart.:eek:
See you later.
Ron
So sorry, too bad, glad I don't have any of that weather, sorry I'm going for a ride today. All straight from the heart.
Actually you live in a beautiful part of the country. I hope to ride US 2 from the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan all the way to Everett, Washington one day. We all have to put up with something for where we live. I know a lot of people who do not ride down here in July/August because it is too hot and humid.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yeesh, now the wind is our fault too. The Alberta Clipper invades the lake region of the northern States,but it's really the remnants of an Arctic high marching down. Brace yourselves boys and girls, it was -34.7c (-30f) at CYEG this morning, and it could be colder tonight. Those lovely cold air masses have a tendency to slide south, so keep the woolies handy. Darn near froze my hiney off hunting yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Darn near froze my hiney off hunting yesterday.
Hope you were hunting for a fur coat or fire wood.... Stay warm..

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crownfire: A few years ago we rode 2 east from Washiong ton over the Mac. Great ride. We are about 90 miles north of Everett about 3.5 miles from the Canadian Border. When you get out this way let us know and we'll put on the coffee and Burgers. Will even throw in the .50 cent tour.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If yer that close, do yis talk like us then too?;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts