Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever experience slow service from WingStuff? They have great prices, but I've been waiting since March 31 for my helmets and other accessories. I ordered five different items from them and three are set to arrive tomorrow (13th) and the other two apparently have not shipped.

I'm getting frustrated and wanted to find out if this is their normal level of service. If it is, I'll go elsewhere for parts in the future. :confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think their service is normally very good. I was in their showroom last week. They are in the process of revamping their entire stock room and showroom to increase their inventory and decrease their shipping time. Be patient, I think their service is going to get better.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've had 2 large dealings with them and the second time they were slow in acknowledging my order so i rang them up and got to talk with the guy that looks after international orders. It took me 30 minutes waiting on the phone before i could get through, thank god it was a toll free number, otherwise it would have cost me a few dollars. I still find that you have to wait ages to talk to someone , they said they are recruiting new staff to try and cut down waiting time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On 04-7-2010, I placed my first order with WingStuff. Order total was $642.35 and included 22 items ranging from $1.58 to $112.19. About 4 hours after placing the order, I received an email showing 11 items shipped (total $174.78). The next day (4-8), I received an email that a single item ($4.49) had shipped. The next day (4-9), another email that 2 more items ($111.58) shipped. The next day (4-10), one more item shipped ($112.19). Yesterday (4-12), 1 more item shipped ($18.89). At this point, I've still not received any of it. Even though they show shipped on 4-7 for the first shipment, UPS tracking indicates the origin scan didn't happen until 29 hours after order placement and isn't scheduled for delivery until Wednesday, 4-14.

That leaves 6 items completely unaccounted for at this time valued at $220.42. Seems like a strange way to do business. I'll have to see how this plays out to the end to determine if this is the first of many orders or one of one.

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
I've purchased plenty of things from these guys & have no issues with their service. I think that in todays market that things could be a little quicker but in general I believe they do a good job.

Hoss, I've tracked things from them before & they show that there is not a lot of details on UPS website & then all of a sudden items show up. Strange, maybe where they're located or if it's the way UPS tracks. I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i'm with fossil92, never had a problem with orders from wing stuff but most of what i order is from www.cyclemaxohio.com

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I just ordered a cup holder and mug this Sunday. Yesterday this comes to my E-mail at 2:05 p.m. :" Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 KU1486 Kuryakyn Snap-N-Go Drink Kit Or Basket Fits Harley, Gold Wing & 1" Bars Snap-N-Go With Stainless Drink Mug $35.99 Ship Date: " No " ship date " entered but the first line does say the word " Shipped ". I recently waited patiently for a week and a half for a Utopia backrest and Wind Wings. I think there is a direct proportional ratio between the desire of the product and the waiting time for arrival.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I recently ordered a belly pan and turn downs for my bike and I had no problem with the service or delays. Considering the products came from CA to PA I thought the time from order to delivery was fine. Last year I ordered trunk and saddlebag carpets without a problem also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have ordered quite a bit from Wingstuff over the past 4 weeks (since I got new wing). Not one order was shipped complete or quickly. I am still waiting for one item off the first order. Just placed another order via the web last Friday and I have yet to get an order confirmation. Still waiting to hear back regarding a return, it's been 8 days and their email confirmation says I should have gotten a repsonse in 4 to 5 days.
For those of you that have had fast service and no issues, I envy you! I am not happy with their service and the hold time on the phone is nuts! I will shop elsewhere from now on if I can get close to their prices.
Rob

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have ordered a lot of stuff from them and never had a problem. Of course if they don't have the item in stock and have to get it from the manufacturer than that's out of their hands. I ordered a trunk spoiler for my 08 from roadtripessentials, they are the suppliers of that item and it took me a month to get it. I would suggest you call Wing Stuff 1-800-260-4050 and ask to speak to Rick.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I ordered highwayboards on on April 4 and they came in yesterday, And on April 5 I ordered Pass.Arm rests with drink holder and they came in today.from Los Angles to Georgia

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, my helmets, intercoms and cords came today (13 days after ordering). They emailed me and said that my Utopia backrest shipped today (hopefully I will have it by the 20th). Still waiting for my J&M switchblade key fob to ship.:rolleyes:

Oh well, good things come to those who wait. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have had great service/ship time from them in the past. However my most recent order last month took way longer than usual,and the product i received wasn't exactly what the picture showed that i was ordering. I was able to go ahead and install and use the product as i am usually not one to hassle with returning/shipping etc. After reading what
calbigbird said,i am going to give them the benefit of doubt.But i will wait awhile to be sure they have gotten themselves back in shape before ordering from them again. I am one that believes in most cases everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Hope everybody gets their stuff!!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I just ordered a cup holder and mug this Sunday. Yesterday this comes to my E-mail at 2:05 p.m. :" Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 KU1486 Kuryakyn Snap-N-Go Drink Kit Or Basket Fits Harley, Gold Wing & 1" Bars Snap-N-Go With Stainless Drink Mug $35.99 Ship Date: " No " ship date " entered but the first line does say the word " Shipped ". I recently waited patiently for a week and a half for a Utopia backrest and Wind Wings. I think there is a direct proportional ratio between the desire of the product and the waiting time for arrival.
As stated above, I placed the order on Sunday, it was de facto shipped on Monday ! and should arrive on Friday here in Centreville VA according to UPS Tracking. We're talking about a drink holder here, what's the rush ? I would rather shoff95 get his Utopia Backrest first, I love mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Chopin114. It should be a few more days and I'll have the Utopia in hand. Can't wait to install it.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Thanks Chopin114. It should be a few more days and I'll have the Utopia in hand. Can't wait to install it.
I'm sure you meant " can't wait to finish installing it. " As noted by some riders the initial feeling is strange when you get on as I seemed almost pushed forward into the handlebars. I had the rest at the highest post setting and it felt like I was in a back brace. Lowered it to rest on the seat and was surprised how much that inch made a difference. Pretty sweet that you can change the angle while riding with a little behind the back turn of the allen head bolt, although I did wonder why the don't put a small knob on the adjustment bolt as you don't use an allen key to turn it. I am going to add a piece of velcro to the back of the pouch and secure it to the post; under certain wind conditions that pouch will just be a flappin' in the breeze. I miss my leg hike over the seat mounting style only because old habits are hard to die and I still get caught on dismounts in moments of forgetfulness with my right ankle blocked by the backrest. But as usual, the fault is not with the product but rather the use of the user.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you do not look closely at your online invoice you could easily be misreading it. There are 2 shipped areas.
Some things may not be in stock and you will need to wait before shipping. I made a large order (for me anyway) $1,200. Some were shipped from the manufacture and a couple of things were not in stock. It has been 2 weeks and everything has either been delivered or in transit. What I saved being a VIP member more than paid for my VIP status.
There service is good to my standards. I do custom bike work sometimes and so waiting is part of it sometimes.
just a thought
dd

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW, thanks!

i'm with fossil92, never had a problem with orders from wing stuff but most of what i order is from www.cyclemaxohio.com
detdrbuzzard, thanks for the tip!

I placed my 1st order with cyclemax a few days ago. Got ALL the items I ordered in 3 days. I like that if it's displayed on their web site, the item is in stock. Thier prices are excellent too.

I am placing my 2nd order as soon as I post this note.

Rob

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have had not much experience with Wingstuff, but what I have had has been great. If Canada post was half as reliable and efficient as Aaron and the rest at Wingstuff, life would be grand indeed.:D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i've spent thousands at wingstuff,mainly because of their vip prices (none better anywhere!) i used to place an order and it almost allways shipped the same day! but recently my last couple of orders haven't shipped untill 5-9 days after being placed! add to that 10 days for shipping (la to fl)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts