Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted the Wingstuff luggage rack and the OEM trunk spoiler ?

Im trying to find out which risers I need to use and where to get them. I called Wingstuff ... and the guy I talked with was less than helpful. I want the round bar style rack that covers the entire trunk lid not the little dinky Honda one or Kuryakyns flat one.

Anyone ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Thats the one.

Do you have it installed with the OEM spoiler ? If so where did you get the required risers ? Im told Kuryakyn 7154's wont work.

According to Wingstuff, you can install this rack if the truck spoiler is already installed without using risers. Else the rack will bump up against the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
I don't have a spoiler, but my good riding buddy has the same rack and spoiler. He didn't use any " risers ", just the star washers to help spread the load.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
I have the Kury rack and risers as well as the OEM spoiler. not sure about risers for the one chopin has and the one you are speaking of. Surprised that Wingstuff's rep didn't have more to say on it though. I'd e-mail or call back TBH.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all. I did confirm that risers ARE NOT needed. Knucklehead on the phone didnt know that I suppose. I did order the rack and bag combo and the wider washer.

Went on a NC lighthouse tour 2 weekends ago. The weather was cold in the morning and after the sun went down but very nice during the day. Problem is/was, I had to take a bunch of liners and thick gloves with me; Moma came along, which took up 50% of the space in the bags. With the rack, I can put the light stuff outside, our over night bag in the trunk which leave the bags for my tools, pumps, cables, etc etc and her, sigh ...camera and camera stuff :confused:

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
thanks all. I did confirm that risers ARE NOT needed. Knucklehead on the phone didn't know that I suppose.
That's encouraging. The Knucklehead wasn't a forum member on this one. If you're mounting the rack before the spoiler just get the forward legs as close as you can to the black trim at the top of the trunk behind the speakers.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn KU7151 with the risers on and the Honda OEM spoiler on my bike. Love them both and they look good together..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Regarding Wing Stuff. Living in Southern California, I have been to their Store Front location in Lake Forest several times. There a couple of younger employees there, but there are also employees that Ride their Goldwings to work , as you see them parked out front, who are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I have the above mentioned trunk rack, but no spoiler. That being said, it appears that there is plenty of room for the spoiler without the use of risers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is a late reply so you may have already made your purchase. I purchased the round rack and the OEM spoiler. The spoiler matched the paint perfectly and included break lights with no running lights, so they are more noticeable when they go on. the rack was the same one as on a friends Wing but when it was installed it was actually a little taller so no extenders were needed. I actually like it better as I can get my hand under to clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts