Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Show Chrome heated grips, J&M headset, and throttle rocker will be on my list. But first I do not know how to remove the existing grips. Any instructions anywhere? My GW is a 2000 1500SE. Need some help. Many thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice job Wing Stuff, reaching for our wallets again:D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Show Chrome heated grips, J&M headset, and throttle rocker will be on my list. But first I do not know how to remove the existing grips. Any instructions anywhere? My GW is a 2000 1500SE. Need some help. Many thanks in advance.
if they are the stock rubber grips just use a utility cutter and cut the grips off if you don't plan to reuse them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Grips are not OEM stock. There's a metal cap at each end of the handlebar and I am not sure if it's screwed on or just snapped/glued on. There's no screw visible though. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Grips are not OEM stock. There's a metal cap at each end of the handlebar and I am not sure if it's screwed on or just snapped/glued on. There's no screw visible though. Thanks.
HP: Ride over to my house this weekend and we can resovle this question . I have put my bike up in storage at the shop, so I am always home now.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had leather padded grips with chrome caps on my 1500, but I can't recall if they were Markland or Drag, but they were glued on with a contact type adhesive. The left one always moved in hot weather when the glue softened...funny what you remember at times huh.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I had leather padded grips with chrome caps on my 1500, but I can't recall if they were Markland or Drag, but they were glued on with a contact type adhesive. The left one always moved in hot weather when the glue softened...funny what you remember at times huh.
My Grip Puppies do that when I have the grip heaters turned on. They were slid on using dish soap ,and you know what heat does to soap. I only feel it on the left stationary grip because by definition it is stationary.

·
Registered
23 Posts
HP: Ride over to my house this weekend and we can resovle this question . I have put my bike up in storage at the shop, so I am always home now.
Thanks, I'll contact you this weekend if the weather is decent (50degrees or so.) Why you put your bike in storage so early? I was out riding yesterday and last weekend and plan continue riding whenever temp is in upper 40's or 50's. Still not deciding if going with heated grips or heated gloves. Hope to see you soon. Hai

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Thanks, I'll contact you this weekend if the weather is decent (50degrees or so.) Why you put your bike in storage so early? I was out riding yesterday and last weekend and plan continue riding whenever temp is in upper 40's or 50's. Still not deciding if going with heated grips or heated gloves. Hope to see you soon. Hai
I need it out of sight and out mind for awhile. I have basically taken this whole summer off from anything which might be considered domestic duties. I even had Mz. Vickie get lawn service so mowing would not interfere with a nice weekend. I have put on about 11,000 miles this year, went through a set of tires, made some friends and future riding partners and I am happy with all that has happened this year as a Goldwing rider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts