Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping a Mod will pick this up and PM it to everyone.

Wings Over the Smokies is coming up Sept 22-24th

http://www.gwrranc.org/

There are new people running it this year and they are working very hard to make a great show out of one that has been going downhill a little at a time.

We have done this event Since 2007 and is where I met my fiancee. As I was setting up my booth in '07, I look across the way and thought "What the heck are Candles doing at a Motorcycle Rally". I tried one of her candles and before we packed up, I bought 4 jar candles and a Santa Claus Tea Pot candle, got a hug and her phone number and the rest is history.

Anyway, this year, there is a New building that we will be in. Nice and dry and we have a bigger spot than being outside. There are a couple of AMSOIL Dealers there and I welcome the competition but be sure to find us in the building. we will be in spaces 21-23

Personally, we will be offering our Discounted prices on AMSOIL as usual and will have a drawing for some goodies. The ladies will love the Candles from "Bloomin Candle Crafts" but I remember 3 guys last year that were in her tent taking pics with their cell phones and sending them to their wives and shopping for them. They had a blast and went away with several boxes to pack. LOL

PLEASE try to make it there. This is a gorgeous part of the country just down the road from Ashville in the Beautiful Smoky Mountains.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I was at WOS back in the mid 90's, rained everyday and at that time the vendors were in dirt. What a big mess it was. I know it has changed a lot since then and there is some good riding back there. Good luck with the rally. Seems like WOS as well as Wing Ding and other rallies aren't just for motorcycles anymore. Last Wing Ding I went to in Billings Mt. had more booths with pots and pans, candles, jeweler and that stuff than motorcycle accessories. But hey, the ladies need STUFF to lok at also.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,

We have still been "In the Dirt" or at least on the edge of it. Truck and trailer bogged down in the mud, slippin and sliding with the bike and trailer.

This building is Brand spankin new and we, for 2, will be glad of it.

We do killer with the candles at Motorcycle and auto shows and, we are looking to possibly get into a few more shows, if we can find indoor one's where they don't conflict with our other shows. Billings would be great as I haven't been in the Montana area since 69. Would be nice to pick up a Big Show so we have a paid vacation. LOL

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
280 Posts
My wife and I are considering attending this. We love the area from Shelby to Asheville to Boone and vacation down there every few years. In fact, we stayed in a cabin deep in the woods in the Lake Lure area just last month for our vacation/family reunion. It will be a matter of us coordinating getting off work. I hope we can make it; it'll give me an excuse to acquire a trailer sooner than later :)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Bob, I think you've the very best there is with posting this out on the open forum. If many of the members are like me, I will at times miss my PMs for a couple days at a time. Great post!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to both of you.

I hope there are forum members that show up and seek me out. The show has always been a good one for me even through rain and off times.

It is an absolutely beautiful area and after our show season this time next year, we may consider that area, Waynesville or N. GA.

The area of TN we are in is nice but now we are at our place in South GA as most of our shows will be through the south and only 2 up in that area right now.

Although shows are not a money maker for me, they actually cost me, they are fun even though a ton of added work. I love meeting and talking to people.

PLEASE... Whoever can make it, come visit us in Booths, 21,22 and 23 and at least sign up for our giveaway, No Purchase Necessary!

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
:) This will be my 22nd consective year of attending WOS. Sure wish the "new-administrators" luck in pumping new blood back into the rally. I would like to see the days of yes-ter-year of 9,000 to 10,000 delegates. Of course, I would like to see it return to Cherokee as well. It was a heck of a show when it was held in Cherokee with 10,000 delegates. Seems the motels in the Fletcher area where the rally is currently held wants premium prices even for their "low-class" rooms.:eek:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim, be sure to look for us specifically to enter our drawings.

We have usually stayed up near I-40

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts