Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here as of today.....I'm 67 yrs old and have been riding bikes all my life. I started with a 750 Honda went to a 78 Goldwing, then an 81 Goldwing and with a few others in between I ended up with Harleys. I'm on my third Harley right now, but here's the story.
I went with a friend today to look at Goldwings for him, he wants a Trike made. After talking with the dealer for a while he wanted me to take a new 2010 GW for a test drive,,,,,,,Big Mistake !! This is going to cost me some $$ but I think within a couple weeks I'll be on one....I was so impressed with the way it handled.....I'll be letting ya know. :D
Ride Safe, Dick

·
Registered
217 Posts
Oldtimer...summer is very short in Maine.....each day is worth at least 500 miles......buy and get riding....:D

Safe Ride....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Once you ride one you will want one, happens almost all the time.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
OT, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Test riding a Wing is like picking up a puppy. Once you do, your hooked. Enjoy your new bike when you get it (you know you want it) and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both you guys are right. I'm heading back up to the dealer tomorrow with the checkbook....If we can make a deal I'll own it by this time tomorrow.....I'm about to become a poor man,,,,,:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
harley or wing??

I had never ridden a Harley until I was in Oklahoma City in May and they had a test ride day. I rode an Ultra about 20 miles with a group in the city. Very glad I did. The heat reminded of my old 71 Triumph Trident and the thing still vibrated. Guess that's part of what pushed me to buy the new wing. Hondas .99% financing also helped. Spend the money and ride, you can't take it with you.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ditto on the above posts oldtimer. You can put a price on tradition, but you can't put a price on prestige and comfort, class, performance, ride, handling, smoooooth.....welcome and by all means GO FOR IT!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
oldtimer,
As another 30 + year HD rider I too made the mistake of test riding A 10 wing.
Bought it a week later - fantastic bike. The only problem with a wing is that you do not want to get off of it. ENJOY THE RIDE

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the big welcome !! I picked up my new "Wing" yesterday. :D I put 200 miles on it today, and you're right, I don't want to get off it. What an awsome machine. I got the basic model and I'll add to it as I see what I want. I got the Titanium.....Love it !! I'm looking forward to a trip to VT sometime this week.....

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi, my name is Strat and I'm a ride-a-holic. Honey-do list in one hand, GW key in the other. Day was perfect....72 deg, partly cloudy, no humidity. I said "lets just go out for an hour or two" and 6 hours later it's too late to do anything except reminisce. I need help...and I'll bet I'm not alone :).
Hopeless in Ontario.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts