Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weather here in Nova Scotia has been cold and rainy most of the past week. Yesterday was more of the same, 12C and on/off rain. I was itching to get on the Goldwing so I donned my rain suit and made a 300 km round trip (staying in my county due to our covid lockdown).

This was the first time I rode a Goldwing in the rain and I was really impressed. As long as I kept moving at a decent clip (easy on mostly empty coastal roads), I didn't feel a drop. What would have been a miserable trip on a naked bike was quite enjoyable on the Wing. I stayed warm and dry and could have driven hours longer.

Being able to ride comfortably in the cold and rain means I can get many more miles in the saddle over a riding season. I bought this 2008 GL last August and I've put more km on it than I've put on other bikes in a full year. Given the very reasonable price I paid for this GL, it can easily give me twice as much riding enjoyment than I'd get from a naked bike of the same value. My only regret about buying a Goldwing is not doing it years earlier.

Photo taken at Ship Harbour, NS. A rare break between showers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats on getting out for a ride! Yes, riding in the rain on a Wing can actually be a somewhat enjoyable experience, especially when compared to a naked bike.

I also have an '08 that I recently purchased (same color too) but have not yet ridden it in the rain. I rode my old '83 GW in the rain many times, and always stayed warm and dry unless I was enduring a total downpour. I am very confident that this '08 will provide the same comfort.

We are fortunate here south of the border where our movements are not so restricted due to Covid-19. We all hope that it will all soon be behind us. In the mean time, ride when you can and where you can!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You have just found out the secret of Goldwings in the rain, if you try to explain to people that you can ride a motorcycle in the rain and stay dry they laugh at you.😉

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,907 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I've been right through there with a buddy (WARWGN) a few years ago. Nova Scotia was a beautiful place to visit and we rode most of that southern shoreline from Lunenburg to Port Felix before turning toward the Cabot Trail. A beautiful trip and your photo just makes me want to return to see the places we skipped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My brother and I did the Cabot Trail back in 06. What a beautiful ride. Even did a bit of dirt roading to get to Meat Cove off the trail. We vowed to do the trip again, just a different route to see more sights on the way. We heard it was on the list of top 5 places to see, it did not disappoint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts