Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to All:

I have been a Harley man since I was 16 yr/old. I just bought a decent 1983 GL1100. I have to say that I have been enjoying the ride. My son calls it an old man's motorcycle but I told him I am an old man and I am ready for this. I just hope I can still get parts for it if anythng goes south. So far it runs and rides very well.

Thank you all for the kind responses. I am on my third tank of gas and I am loving it. It is so refreshing to be able to discern the images in the mirrors! Let me say that is also refreshing to be able to keep a mirror on the bike. After the third mirror, I quit putting them on my old Pan Head. I have been trying to get a picture of my bike in the Avatar but I have not been successful.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello rickyb, welcome to GWOF. congrats on the purchase of your 1100 wing and tell your son that a wing is not an old mans bike but a gentlemans express. harleys are cool but wings are wonderful :)

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and congrats on the new to you ride.

FYI- we like pics

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Welcome from Central Washington RickyB. 1. you are not OLD, and 2. congratulations on up grading your ride. You will enjoy the Wing and this Forum. Lots of good folks here.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , enjoy your stay

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Welcome RickyB and Congrats on the new wing. As far as parts for it you can search Ebay for most of them and also you can post on the forum for any parts you need...sometimes people have them laying around and will let a forum member have them at a decent price.

Ride Safe Always!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
welcome to the boards. I bought my first wing when I was 52,,oh, that was like 6 weeks ago. I have a 1500 myself, and owned harleys as well. its just a different animal of a different color. I like all the colors.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Classic Wing.
Post a pic when you can.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF...

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State.

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Update your location so folks know where you call home. Also, if you put your model and year bike in your signature it helps folks if they know what year and model you are talking about. Ride safe and enjoy the forum....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! I was a Harley guy too. Until a month ago, I had just turned 52. 3000 miles later and I'm still smiling over the 12 Wing.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. I get that about old guy's bike from friends too. I just smile at em and tell them to do their best to keep up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.