Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Getting a little older and a bum shoulder ( due to a car crash ) I'm thinking of a Trike, I'd like to know ups / downs, pricing UK and Aus anything to look out for, and just how good are they? I did have a family trike a few years ago, now I want to tour Australia, And then maybe USA
I'm a brit about to quit the rat race, divorve forced my hand LOL

·
Registered
137 Posts
Trike

Greetings Brit
As the US family member of a Scottish and British family (bad mix) I can tell you what several of the clan have done--- they came across the pond and bought their trikes here in the us (used) and rode them all over the states then shipped them back to Brittian/Europe one of the cousins even sold his after he got back for about twice what he paid for it here. There are lots of them around--- I would suggest buying one on the west coast ---youll have a lot longer riding season --about 350 days of the year, rather than just 60 to 90 days back east

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks So-Cal, I have friends in San D, so maybe that is the place to look, I've webbed looking at prices etc, but seen no 'personal sales, by the way I live above Aberdeen, but am a Yorkshire lad ( well old lad ) previously. Used to ride a lot, but rat race Wife, kids etc. managed to curtail it. now freedom is screaming COME ON if you understand. what price range USED would you suggest?
Cheers
Martyn
( Rides as Lone Wolf )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Martyn, you can pretty much set your own price. The way you do that is to shop around for a used bike within your price range. Then you shop around for a shop to do the conversion. You will pay at least $10k for the conversion, and more if you add anything like the ez steer rake kit (which is highly recommended, especially if you have a bad shoulder). You can't expect to find one cheap, but there are deals out there. Take your time, research the builders, and you will do just fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi,
Getting a little older and a bum shoulder ( due to a car crash ) I'm thinking of a Trike, I'd like to know ups / downs, pricing UK and Aus anything to look out for, and just how good are they? I did have a family trike a few years ago, now I want to tour Australia, And then maybe USA
I'm a brit about to quit the rat race, divorve forced my hand LOL
Martyn---
I ll send you some photos of a 2003 that has just been triked the owner has had money problems and now has to sell her -- she is only asking 18,000 USD --and she is beautiful

·
Registered
263 Posts
With a bum shoulder in my opinion a trike isn't the way to go. I agree with Heavy on the used 1500,make sure it's an SE. Then use the spare cash for the landing gear setup,then you don't have to wrench your shoulder to stand the bike up to ride position. I'm a car wrench,my shoulders have seen better days too,have ridden friends trike just to check it out.Wouldn't want it to drive as my only bike,lot of effort at low speed, even with front tire inflated properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts