Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New kid on the block here as I haven't bought any Goldwing stuff online yet and wondered which vendor you liked better? Hope this isn't a loaded question since they may also be sponsors here on this site. Cycle Max is a tad lower in price but I see free shipping on the Wing Stuff site. Ordering a trailer hitch, wiring harness, passenger arm rests, highway pegs and communication system. Fixing to drop some change and wondered which one you all liked better. Seem to both carry pretty much the same stuff.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i've ordered from both places and i think they both offer free shipping on all orders of $99 or more and i'm a vip member at wingstuff which lowers my price from whats listed

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've ordered from both places and i think they both offer free shipping on all orders of $99 or more and i'm a vip member at wingstuff which lowers my price from whats listed
How does one get VIP status with WingStuff if their name isn't Dr. Buzzard?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I'm a VIP member at WingStuff and have ordered items from them and have been very satisified. I've never ordered from Cycle Max.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
How does one get VIP status with WingStuff if their name isn't Dr. Buzzard?
Go to their website and there is an option to become a VIP member. It costs, but if you are buying a number of items it may recover the membership fee.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Charlie. Since this Wing affair is like my marriage, it's likely to get expensive over the long haul and may be a cost benefit.

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Dan, This is just one Ole Fossil's opinion. Both companies do a good job. From my standpoint I've been happiest with Wingstuff. They have actually done some things extra from an order standpoint. Like Two Wheel & Doc said I used the VIP membership to save way more than the cost of it & with the VIP discount there prices are pretty much unmatched. The other thing that is important (albeit to me anyway) is Wingstuff sponsors our site so I support them.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
Thanks Charlie. Since this Wing affair is like my marriage, it's likely to get expensive over the long haul and may be a cost benefit.
its about $40 to become a vip member but drops to $20 on the next renewal

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I can't speak to Cycle Max...but I am a huge fan of Wingstuff and Riders Discount

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I buy quite a bit from Wingstuff (also VIP member) since I can buy stuff far lower than I can through our own shop. We still get hosed on parts and accessories on this side of the border, and I'm a dealer for gosh sakes. Even at cost plus (minimum mark-up) I got a new 'stone 709 almost $100 less than from Honda including the cross border shipping:eek:

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I buy from Cyclemax, their stuff runs about 5% less than Wingstuff and it the all the same equipment.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've gotten stuff from both recently, can't complain about either of them for prices, shipping or quality. Its all the same just buy from where ever you like. :D

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hi I have bought from both and always end up paying for shipping no matter how much I spend on an order.
I live in Canada and therefore do not qualify for any deals on shipping.
Having said that, Wingstuff orders arrive within a week at my door, Cyclemax orders seem to travel around the world before arriving at my place.
The product however from both outfits is the same and priced much the same.
Like the product, hate the shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Haven't used Cyclemax, but I've bought quite a bit from Wingstuff over the last couple of years with absolutely no complaints.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm a VIP and buy from Wingstuff all the time and since they're right next door (NV/CA), I sometimes get my stuff the next day if I order early. I've never had a problem with them.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. Pulled the plug last night and got my VIP status with Wingstuff. They say I saved 340.00 as VIP. Ordered lots of goodies, a receiver hitch with wiring harness and 5:4 deal, passenger arm rests with add-on storage pouches, trunk rack with trunk bag and the J&M elite communication system for rider/passenger. Hope this all comes before our ride next week to the Texas Hill Country to go see the Texas bluebonnets with Deb. Thanks all for the tip on Wingstuff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts