Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
I did. It was fine. I recently went with Yamahaha regular oil 20w-50 as a purchase of convenience.

·
Super Moderator
12,264 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I believe there are some who use the Rotella oil. I just don't happen to be one of them. :(

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello wcmurphy, welcome to GWOF. i'll be doing an oil change on my 1500 wing soon but i'll be using mobil 1 10w40 for motorcycles and before august 20 i'll try some amsoil 10w 40 for motorcycles in my 1200 wing. right now i am using castrol 4t 20w 50 in both wings and the 450sc

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
I recently used the T6 on Chopin's recommendation, I think. Seems fine. Next time I may look at Amsoil's offering, just because there are a lot of positive comments here about them, and they're supportive to the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
I been running Rotella T6 for right at 94,000 miles since March of 2004. No complaints here.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
As a result of Ron's reporting of his success in a previous oil thread, I put Shell Rotella Synthetic T6 in my Wing.

I have always used Mobil 1 10-40 Motorcycle Racing Oil at $10.50 a quart. The Rotella was cheaper and therefore I have more money for the fuel tank.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
No. I prefer Honda GN4 and an OEM oil filter for my Wing, its had that 'diet' since I bought it and I'm afraid to experiment.
Don't forget a new crush washer.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
No. I prefer Honda GN4 and an OEM oil filter for my Wing, its had that 'diet' since I bought it and I'm afraid to experiment.
Don't forget a new crush washer.
Good advice. Hello to you in Ormond beach. I just moved to California from Ormond Beach. I miss it all except for the 4pm rain daily lol

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
There are lots of fans of Rotella oil. It's all a matter of choice really. I do worry about making a Wing sick to it's stomach with a belly full of Yammyhaha oil though:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts