Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year's Wing Ding is being held in Greenville SC from 07/03/13-07/06/13.

That is around the same time my family takes up residence at Lake Lure NC for a week of family reunioning and relaxation. LL is only about an hour away, so I'm trying to fanagle next year's vacation to include the Wing Ding days so my wife and I can sneak off from the kids (grown son, grown daughter and husband and 2 kids, plus 2 dogs).

I just floated the idea to my wife in an email. If she agrees, I will either haul my GW trike in my trailer or ride it down solo as my wife prefers AC for the 8-9 hr ride to NC.

It's still too early for the organizers to have set up events, but I've always wanted to go ever since owning a Honda VTX some years back. And now that I own a GW and will be very near there at the time (if my wife agrees), why not?

http://wing-ding.org/index.html

Greg

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am only an 1 1/2hours away, we passed that lake on the way to cherokee this past weekend. I remember seeing the signs anyway. I might like go. For me, a year ahead is kinda long for planning purposes, but Id say right now I'm interested and may go.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
My daughter graduated from Bob Jones University in Greenville. It's about a 12 hour trip from here. Love the area. I may put this on my "wish list" and see what develops. Could be fun...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I plan on attending. The ride down from Maryland is great. Sky Line Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee, NC, then the Dragon, back on the Chorolla Skyway (spelling) and then on to SC. Wish it was not in the heat of the summer, but the mountain portions are great weather. At least they were during the Knoxville Wing Ding last year. Have not been on the Forum much ;laterly, this work thing is interfeering with my play time.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I missed the Knoxville Ding....This may be close enough to do in 2 days...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.