Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the site...posted a couple of question already (Thank You To All Who Responded)...I have owned a '81 GW Intersate for now 10 years...I know I live in the stone ages and don't follow much on the internet (don't believe me...come see my 8-track stereo in my house) Looking to upgrade to '10 GW...and would like to get involved in some riding groups...So I will now ask the dumb question....What is Wing Ding...Is it worth going to...?...and why in the state of WI do I not hear about more Wing outings...I typically end up going on Harley outings...although they are nice...you still once in awhile get a cold shoulder....

Mark (The Lab Rider)....I am still trying to get my 3 labs to sit on the bike...for aleast a picture...just need a bigger trailer I guess.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
MarkH
Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA) the host for Wing Ding has chapters all across the country. My wife and I have enjoyed the past year with the group here in Mississippi we joined. In Wisconsin check out this web site;
http://www.gwrra-wi.org/
You should be able to find your local chapter and about events in your area.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Never been to a Wing Ding either. Here is a link to their promo site: http://www.wing-ding.org/ If they held it in Virginia I would probably go, but Iowa is not on my list of states I must see ( I hope the Iowa members aren't reading this ) . All in all it's probably a good place to pick up some goodies for the bike at the vendor stands. P.S. Mark. We have a member up there in Sheboygan, " WA9FWT ". Haven't heard from him in awhile. Your not near Sheboygan are you ?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've not attended a Wing Ding but have heard good things about them. Very well organized and lots of good riding. There are usually local groups that ride in most areas. You can probably ask around to fine one that would fit your schedule. There is an upcoming event called the Smokey Mt Ride In in NC that I believe is being held in the middle of June. You can find info on the internet about it. I'm thinking of going because another event I was going to was cancelled.

Buy the new Wing, and you will never ride alone.... Good luck and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
chopin114,
A little south of Wisconsin, about 1500 miles, in central Mississippi.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have attended about 5 Wing Dings. There are a lot of thing to do there. They have different seminars all day long, talent show, bike contest, field games, poker runs, vendors, vendors and more vendors, If you go make sure you see the drill teams, it's amazing how they handle those big bikes. GWRRA moves Wing Ding around to different states each year (it has been in the same place a couple of times) to accommodate everyone that travels all across the US to attend.
http://www.wing-ding.org/faq.html

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ditto on what's been said already. I've never been to Wing Ding, but have attended a couple of the Wing Flins (Canadian version) and had a terrific time at each one. The drill teams are fantastic and well worth watching. Time availability is my main issue, but oneof these days I'll get there.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
chopin114,
A little south of Wisconsin, about 1500 miles, in central Mississippi.
Geeze Mark! I know YOU are in Mississippi. Our new member is also signed in as Mark. To eliminate the confusion I propose that you be designated " Miss " Mark ( Mississippi Mark). That will clear that up .

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
TO: MARK

Join GWRRA if you want to meet Wing riders, go on rides etc. I counted 18 local chapters in WI. http://www.gwrra-wi.org/
You have chapter, state, region, and wing ding to attend.
Check it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all who responded...If I purchase the new bike I think I will go to the Wing Ding...just to check it out and buy some goodies for the bike (Yea right...with what money)...what the heck its a road trip...

Sorry Chopin114...not in "Miss" ...live in Wisconsin where we have motorcycles that look like snowmobiles....I will try to change my login name from MarkH to "Lab Rider" but not sure how to do that...looked under profiles, but editing of username no where to be found...If anyone knows how let me know...at least I found out how to add where I live and add a picture...my wife was impressed.

Thanks....
Lab Rider (MarkH)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts