Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can imagine a nice painting of a horse on both sides of the tank and putting some light brown colored lizard skin on the original seats, professionally done of course. When I'm done paying off the bike I can start on my vision. Can you tell I'm getting very bored up in here?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think most people are bored with bad weather touching soo much of the country this year

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Even in sunny Calif. we have bad weather, but not as long as you other guys have. It was raining all last week and today was a beautiful day, so I was thinking, should I go for a ride or wax my bike, :( my wife told me the big crape myrtle tree in fron of the house needeed to be trimmed so guess what I did? :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Even in sunny Calif. we have bad weather, but not as long as you other guys have. It was raining all last week and today was a beautiful day, so I was thinking, should I go for a ride or wax my bike, :( my wife told me the big crape myrtle tree in front of the house needeed to be trimmed so guess what I did? :mad:
Got a crap myrtle also. I got the white bud one. Bad choice near the walkway as it grows the new branches out about 4 ft before it blooms. When it is heavy with rain the bloom laden branches dip down and brush your head. Hence the name " crap myrtle ".

·
Registered
449 Posts
Even in sunny Calif. we have bad weather, but not as long as you other guys have. It was raining all last week and today was a beautiful day, so I was thinking, should I go for a ride or wax my bike, :( my wife told me the big crape myrtle tree in fron of the house needeed to be trimmed so guess what I did? :mad:
Most likely what any other red-blooded all-american male would do.......what his wife told him to do!:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now that I have my 2008 GL1800 for season three...I am now re-considering my initial thoughts about painting the wing and putting lizard skin on the seats.

I am thinking about having a wide racing stripe right down the middle, starting with the front fender, up the front, and back down the rear, all the way to the rear fender. I will also not add chrome where there isn't any metal, but I will chrome all of the metal looking pieces, maybe even the wheels.

I will see where I'm thinking in a couple more years when the bike is paid off and I can actually do these things. I am thinking about keeping the modifications simple - to slightly dress up the bike, but keeping in mind not trying to make the bike's appearance too gaudy.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If you are looking to really personalize your bike, airbrush/murals is the way to go. Just use caution and be picky about your choice. Take a look at what I had done to my Vulcan (there's a pic in my gallery) and you can pretty much guarantee that nobody else is going to duplicate it. My Vulcan turned out well enough that I had people photographing it in Sturgis for crying out loud. Not bad for a piece of Japscrap in Harleyland lol.:cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personalizing My Ride

Thanks budoka, I will think on it. That was my original idea - maybe it was the best as is usually the case.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At this time I would like to start working on chroming all of the metallic looking parts. I think I might just leave everything else alone. Just chrome all metal and that should make the bike sparkle and keep it looking like new for decades to come.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was thinking of having my 2005 GW Trike painted to look like a dragon, with the front fairing being the head. Don't know that I will ever do it, but that was what I was thinking.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thinking about changes to our bikes is a good thing. You get to filter out all of the thoughts and get it whittled down to where we want it. I, for one am conservative, not liking the flashy. So, I think I will pretty much just keep mine looking stock but clean with chrome where chrome is suppose to be. I have looked at bikes that have added the chrome...not too much my taste but hey, we personalize our bikes the way we like em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts