Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put your imagination in top gear and come with me to the Barossa Valley. Where there is a strong German influence with bakeries, restaurants,wineries. The Barossa Valley runs from Gawler to Angaston with about 40 wineries. If you are going to taste a lot of wines you may want to pace yourself and stay overnight or a couple of days. There are some lovely b&b's in the erea which we have stayed at over the years. I left late and if I am going to stay popular at home I have to get to the Tanunda bakery before they sell out of the German yeast cake. So to save time I went down the new highway and onto highway 20 until I got to the turn off to Tanunda. The photos start at this turn off and go into Tanunda through rolling hills that start with cropping and then as you drop into the Valley the vineyards. It a very good ride with much to see, take a look at this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My computor has a closet drinking problem. If it was my bike it would be sold by now or fixed with a very big hammer. It is the only thing where it is normal to have to do the same job 2 or 3 times to do a job. So I conclude that I shouldn't have any thing to do with them. Anyway the next photos will take you from the cropping to the vineyard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The next photos is in Tanunda. For those that watch the tour down under maybe familiar with these photos

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Very nice. I will be figuring out your route on google earth while I have a beer.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have taken your advice Choppin114. This is my second shot at getting these photos up. So with two large glasses of port I will attempt this again. I still think I would be better to just spending the time out riding or cleaning the bike where you just do it once. These things don't help anyone that suffers from im................ You guess. In the valley there are great photo to be had of small towns like Rowland Flats.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now finijsh hole bottle of port. Helpd in kitchen an glass fell an broke. My fault then mug just fell al by itself an broke. My folt. Told to get out. My folt. The nex photos is Lymdock. Spellin maybe rong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Now finijsh hole bottle of port. Helpd in kitchen an glass fell an broke. My fault then mug just fell al by itself an broke. My folt. Told to get out. My folt. The nex photos is Lymdock. Spellin maybe rong.
It's " Lyndoch ", you drunken sailor. I'll give you credit for even attempting to spell some of the place names. " Nuriootpa " looks like a German prefix glued onto an Aboriginal suffix. Hard enough to say it sober, let alone spell it " under the influence " .

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With a clear head, the last place that I stopped at was Williamstown. Williamstown rests on a small river bank and sits at the end of the valley and the wine growing erea and at the start of the hills. From here its back to the twisties. The photo's are taken from the corner of the bakery. I sometimes stop here and have something to eat at the river bank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These photos are surpose to look Like north of the border. You can just use some imagination or laugh at me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Argh, yer killin me mate! Great roads, fine wine, nice B&B's, good on ya.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That comment was meant for you to come in Buboka. I always like the lighter side of life. We can be too serious sometimes and miss out on a few laughs. Glad you came in because it put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man Eric, I wouldn't be worth a hoot if I went 'a drinking wine on a motorcycle trip... not to mention how dangerous I would be to myself!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great pics Eric and it sounds like great beverage too!! Hehehehe!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts