Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time here, guys. Go easy on me. Looking for a new windshield. Do any of you have pros or cons on the F4 or V-stream?
THX

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I bought the F4 a couple of years ago at Americade. Yes I'm very happy with it. I got the regular size one with a much needed vent for summer.

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, sir. The F4 is on the list. I'm sure its easier to clean and avoid scratches. But did you notice a difference in turbulence or noise?

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
I just got the F-4 plus 4. with a vent for my 1500. It is just about the same as my old Markland only with a vent. Since it's so much like the markland I'm hopeing it will be as good. Haven't had chance to try it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Thank you, sir. The F4 is on the list. I'm sure its easier to clean and avoid scratches. But did you notice a difference in turbulence or noise?
I have not noticed any difference in noise. It is very easy to keep clean, just use a wet cloth. I keep a wet cloth in a sealed baggie in the trunk, and a dry one to give it a quick clean on the road.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Lots of windshield choices out there. Alot of guys are going with the adjustable ones. Windbender & Baggershield to name 2. Here's a link to windshields on Wingstuff (one of our site sponsors & good people).

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/191_goldwing_windshields/des/

By the way the real reason for me to get into this discussion in the 1st place.

Welcome to the GWOF:cool:

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
I'm in the same quandary with windshields. I've narrowed my choice to two: V-Stream or Windbender. I'm looking for turbulence mitigation especially for the passenger. I would imagine that the F4 +4 would achieve the greatest comfort for her, but I don't want to look through the shield 24/7. There in lies the quandary.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
My first time here, guys. Go easy on me. Looking for a new windshield. Do any of you have pros or cons on the F4 or V-stream?
THX
Max wind protection and possibly the last shield you will ever need to buy: F-4+4 w/vent
I'm in the same quandary with windshields. I've narrowed my choice to two: V-Stream or Windbender. I'm looking for turbulence mitigation especially for the passenger. I would imagine that the F4 +4 would achieve the greatest comfort for her, but I don't want to look through the shield 24/7. There in lies the quandary.
So,the standard height F-4 would be for you. Extended to max up when the wife rides. I look through a windshield driving my cage so, looking through one on the bike doesn't bother me. To each his own.
Also, if you have not tried a set of Baker Hand Wings(also called Mirror Wings), you would be amazed at what they do for the passenger!

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
I've heard good things about the F4 screens. I still have the stock one on my 09, but I did have a Tulsa Tall on my 98 GL1500. Really liked that one. Lots of coverage from wind and rain...

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Rave reviews onthe F4 and the V-Stream. I have a Windbender and love it. Oh yeah, welcome to the place!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I will chime in on the V Stream I took the stock windshield off this past fall.
I really like the the V Stream it is significant quieter than the stock, especially for my wife and daughter when riding two up.

I bought the standard thickness, which does tend to flex some at higher speeds when fully extended. At times I think I should have bought the thicker 6mm one instead. However, most of the time I look over the windshield and not through it so it is really not an issue with the amount of flex.

I had the V Stream or the F4 as my top two choices, I think you would be happy with either one.
Riders Discount had the best price I could find for the V Stream, they have been excellent to work with.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Riders Discount had the best price I could find for the V Stream, they have been excellent to work with.
Another one of our site sponsors! Good job on the post Scooter. Thanks for the info.

I found this video on another site on doing the install:
Hey didn't I see that guy changing oil one time?;)

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
"Hey didn't I see that guy changing oil one time?"
What, chopin did a video?:p

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
"Hey didn't I see that guy changing oil one time?"
What, chopin did a video?:p
chopin doesn't need to change his oil every 100 miles. What about you, budoka? How is the Windbender on the rear passenger at 70 mph ? It's an either this one or that one for me. I expect your report on my desk(top )by 0600 tomorrow morning.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Permission to report early sir?
Cindy didn't have much probs with the stock shield except in strong crosswinds. Then it was terrible. She says the 'bender is definitely better but we haven't experienced any strong crosswinds since I made the swap so difficult to say how much. Crosswinds aren't blocked that much at all if they have any strength to them as they overpower the air envelope that the fairing and shield produce so. What I have noticed is the versatility and wind control for varying temperatures. Being able to really lower the screen down in high heat is awesome. And in the cold like my ride back from Nordegg that night in September (-4c) it was an absolute Godsend having that extra couple inches of height over the stocker. Versatility rules in my world!

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Hah! Good one. We periodically get into the 90's in the summer around here, but I do have the odd hankerin to git somewhere else like the Okanagan where it's pretty common to have 90's and higher out there, and for longer stretches I might ad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts