Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time for a new windshield for my 03. I bought it used last year and the shield appears hazy. I tried various things to clean it to no avail. Any suggestions? OR, any suggestions on what type new shield to buy? Prices are all over the place. I'd like to go with a shield with a vent. I'll need advice for that, as well. For example, do I need to cut the hole for the vent? What are good vents?
Thanks!

Randy, Pottstown PA

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
I think its time for a new windshield for my 03. I bought it used last year and the shield appears hazy. I tried various things to clean it to no avail. Any suggestions? OR, any suggestions on what type new shield to buy? Prices are all over the place. I'd like to go with a shield with a vent. I'll need advice for that, as well. For example, do I need to cut the hole for the vent? What are good vents?
Thanks!

Randy, Pottstown PA

Walmart sells Meguieres Plastic Polish / Cleaner in the automotive section. It did wonders on my windshield that is stock on a 94.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Only one for me is the F4.
Yes expensive but, it is hardcoated polocarbonate and may very well be the last shield you need to buy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Partzguy...yeah, kinda pluggin my own for sale item, but I haver a brand new 2010 shield with perhaps 20 miles on it, for sale at about 1/2 price. You'd have to get a vent (Ebay $50) assy, but you'd still be 50-75 less than full dealer price on just the shield alone.
Should check compatability 2003/2010 with dealer. If the restorer stuff doesn't work well enough and you decide to go new, gimme a PM.

·
Registered
280 Posts

I heard of Plexus but have not tried it. I am going to find some and give it a try. I heard it works real good on face shield plastic as well.
Plexus is a great polish for glass, plastic and painted metal. It smells good, too. It does faceshields, windshields (cars or bikes), interior vinyl - most anything except wood. But as far as a rejuvenator, Plexus is not. If your shield is hazy due to wax build up, perhaps a very diluted ammonia solution might help. And then use Plexus or... BTW, *Lemon* Pledge works as well as Plexus for polishing up glass, plastic, and painted metal. Plus; it's about 1/5 the cost on a volume-to-volume comparison. Of course, this is just my opinion and YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts