Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my Wing an extra windshield was included. The spare has the vent in it. What are the pro's and con's of the vent. Hate to change it and find out that there was a good reason for not changing it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I personally like the vent for summertime cooling. the cons are a loss of vison area. I wouldn't want one without the vent myself.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
+1 on Mark's comment. I learned something about mine last night when using the chamois, the vent is actually never closed completely, ther are louvers in the very top of the vent that allow a small amount of air movement when in the closed position. Reduces buffeting somewhat I reckon.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades non vented model. I've never had one with a vent so I cannot comment on them. I do open the vents on the bike to bring air flow back towards me.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I leave the vent open just about a half inch all of the time. It really does help with the buffetting. Of course in warmer weather I have it open all the way. Conis it lets some rain and condensation blow back onto your face.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm in Florida so the vent is a must have for me anyway. When raining i don't have a problem with mine in the closed position.Where is home LSC ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Home is Burlington, VT. We have winter about 11 1/2 months a year here !!! Honestly I am a fair weather rider so by mid October I'm pretty much done. The Wing is a new to me ride so it'll be interesting to see if we can ride even later into the season. Last year I had a Pacific Coast and even though it offers protection from the elements it was still to cool for my aged body. The Wing offers some heated vents so maybe, just maybe, we'll get an extra day or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Live in Texas were it's hot most of the time. Had the factory w/s / vent for 3 yrs. Now a Tulsa /vent for 2 yrs. Have to have it here. Close it in the winter and rain / no problems.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I love the vent, it is low enough that it doesn't get in your line of sight. The only draw back is cleaning underneath it, no big deal you just have to raise the windscreen up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I live in upstate NY. Normally not hot like the southern states but when it hits 80+ here, it's nice to be able to open the vent and get some air blowing on you. I am glad I have the vent.
Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts