Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 1500 with an aftermarket windshield. I have tried adjusting the attaching screws every way possible and can not get the slots in the windshield to line-up with the mounting bolts so it will slide up and down. Any hints? Should I decide to replace the windshield, any recommendations as to what works best? A stock Honda windscreen for the 89 lists for $310 (Whew!!).

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Anton, if you are certain the windshield is at fault ( won't line up ) bite the bullet and spend the 3C.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just my $0.02, but I would find a way before I spent $310! For one thing I presume you have a good windshield. Can you live without adjusting it up and down? Even if you have to take a moto tool to the screen slots; you have nothing to lose.
I just replaced mine on a '95 Aspy and I noticed that the sliders in the front fairing that the windshield attached to were a little stiff. Also I would not get a stock (Honda) windshield when there are so many other choices. Mine replacement was a Memphis Shades with solar tint and vent for $130 including shipping.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Anton, I have to somewhat agree with Carl. I would buy aftermarket. However you don't indicate if you have a service manual or not. It seems to me it may just be adjustments. I know I changed my windshield & the locks & adjustment is interesting. Download a manual from the following website 1st & check to see if you can't get it straightened out. My suggestion only.

http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ebay was covered up with new windshields for 1500's starting at $75.00 and going up to about $150.00. Two brands I remember were Slipstreamer and Memphis Shade.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Some after market windshields will not adjust, Tulsa is one that will NOT adjust.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
+1 on the Tulsa not adjusting. I had a tall Tulsa on my GL1500 and it was not adjustable. I think this may be his problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know if our GW are the same, but on mine the mechanism that facilitated adjustment (part of the adjustment) of the windshield height was built into the front fairing independent of the windshield. The front fairing has slots. Anton on mine I had to move/adjust the nut sliding parts up and down in the slots to match with the windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts