Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a new windshield for my 91 Wing. I have a stock size shield on it now, being 5'9" it works fine for me. I have a vent in that shield now, and it works ok. One of the reasons I'm replaceing my old shield is that it is starting to crack at the vent. That, and it is hard to clean the shield right around the vent. I'm really thinking about one of the Slipstreamers from Wingstuff without a vent. I live in the High Desert of southern California, so it can get pretty warm, so the vent can be nice at times, but it also gets pretty cold too, and the vent stays closed most of the time, so it's about a wash to me. What do most of you all like? Vent or no?

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
keep the vent you can alwasy open or close it but if you get a windshield without a vent well your just stuck with no option

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just really bothers me that is where it started to crack. The windshield is pretty old though. I'm sure the newer shields or much thicker too, much more rigid.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i had to replace my windshield a few years ago and had a minphis shades with a vent installed. its the same height as the factory one and i haven't had a problems with it i just wish i had gotten a solar tent. my old windshield had developed stress cracks randomly all over and it was blinding when sun light or headlights shined on them

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
BigChris99,

That's the one I opted for Slipstreamer laid back style w/vent. Never was sorry & never had an issue. The windshield is over 4 years old.

One Ole Fossil's opinion is you will be sorry if you don't get the vent especially where you live.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I agree I'd love to have an f4 on my Wing, they seem to be the best, my budget says otherwise. Money is a little tight and I just need a new windshield, so I'm thinking a Slipstreamer is in the budget. Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
i live in maryland and it gets real humid so the vent for me is a must , when it gets cold ill just shut the vent ,and if it drafts old handy duct tape will do the job

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid the price for a F4 (with vent).......I love it, so far! You can clean it with Windex & paper towels!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
On my 98 GL1500 I went to a Tulsa tall windshield without the vent and it was the one thing I regretted. Should have spent the extra $$ and got the vented model. JMMO...

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I have a Tulsa tall without a vent and wished I had one,you just don't get enough air.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Love my Windbender and it has a full vented section between the two shields. Reduces buffeting and provides plenty of fresh air. Not chily in cold weather...pretty sure it gets colder here than in the high California desert too (well more often anyway):rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Budoka, no doubt in my mind it gets waaaay colder where you live. They don't call it the Great White North for nothing!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Vent ..... YES! I am sold on it. I wouldn't tour without one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I vote for more air. Just a bugger when that king sized bug comes spattering through on occasion!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts