Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I raise the windshield on Buster to the upmost position before I go riding and 3 or 4 hours later it's back down to between the first and second hash marks. The coastal roads in this area aren't known for their smoothness, but this seems a bit much. Is this normal or is there a fix.? Thanks.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Never had that issue with my '95 but did you take the cowl off to check on it? If not go through that process the Wings have oval shaped holes to mount the windshield & there are brass alloy retainers that sandwich the windshield to the dash that are retained with large Phillips bolts. About all an Ole Fossil can think of at this point. Oh wait!!

Next to the mirrors are the levers to lock the adjustment, be sure they're tight & locked down.

Now I'm done.:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next to the mirrors are the levers to lock the adjustment, be sure they're tight & locked down.:D
Can't say as I've stood on'em. But I applied what I thought was reasonable pressure to them.
Seems like the front fairing is in for some disassembly here in the not-too-distant future for some other things I wanna get done in that general area. I'll put the brass retainers on the checklist.. Thanks.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Duct tape? LOL Oddball.....Nope shouldn't do it! Like the Ole Fossil said, Check the levers.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
A 16 penny nail should do it! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Naw you'll never be that cool.

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts